Matty Cash

paul514

Matty has always done his best for Villa, but for all his good qualities he is not a starting XI right back for us anymore...

If there was a scenario where he could be backup, then I think that would be ideal. However I think we will either see and new RB signing or CB signing with Konsa spending more time at RB, which I don't like but will trust the manager.

So if we sign another defensive player I'm guessing we'll find a move for him as we have young Ned as well now.

Posted (edited)

While I’m not exactly happy that he’s top of that penalty stat, am I the only one whose general feeling is one of indifference? Six, from 120+ appearances and the next most is 3 players on 5 penalties given away. 

‘K

I’ll set up the pillory.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

I think given who he was up against, and that Bailey got himself booked after 8 mins so was then not much help defensively, that Cash did well today. Never in a million should that have been a penalty and he had in fact  done okay in making a good challenge.

I also thought we looked more vulnerable down that side after Cash had to go off. That isn't a slight on the 18 year old lad making his premier league debut by the way.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I thought he actually had a decent game. Very unlucky with what was a seriously shit pen decision. 

I agree, he’s taking a lot of shit for what was basically a terrible decision (Edit: by the ref! Not him)

Edited by KentVillan

Big fan of Cash, he by all accounts is a great guy, demonstrably gives 100% every game and is versatile enough to cover a few different positions/roles, I just think for a team that finished where Villa did last season and has aspirations of doing the same again he's more easily upgradable than basically everyone else in our strongest XI. He'd still have a lot to offer as a squad option and I'm fine with him still playing regardless, just think that's the reality of things at the moment.

• Like 1

He's seriously got to commit to give his all from minute 1, and not necessarily finish the game. Plenty of people make a career out of playing for 60. In Emery's side, he might have to do so. For another team (like Fulham for instance), he and Carlos can play and be absolutely outstanding.

I’m a big fan, sometimes feel like I am alone! He played a huge part in our success last season.

Though he was good today, the pen was a 50/50.

If Ned is his back up, based on today - I would be concerned.

If Cash is injured and doesn’t play next week, and we have to rely on a fairly inexperienced 18 year old, I think a lot of people will realise that Cash isn’t so bad. 

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

How? He won the ball

Ok watched it again.

he touched the ball, but he didn’t win it. Soucek still had a chance to shoot until Cash took his legs.

For me it’s still a penalty. There is no rule saying if you touch the ball it cannot be a foul.  

The problem here is not the decision, but the inconsistency.  The same will happen in another match, but the penalty will not be given.

VAR is so pointless now, Cash lunges for the ball, touches it, before the deemed foul - last season that gets cleared by VAR. But now VAR doesn't intervene? In my opinion the ref has made an error there because  he cannot see that touch. Yet VAR thinks it's not a big enough error by the ref. Where is the line on this???

Edited by Jareth

I don’t think the touch should necessarily be the only reason it wasn’t a penalty, it was only a slight touch to be fair. But I can’t see how Cash could have avoided Soucek’s legs, he brought his leg up between Cash’s and got it tangled. He had nowhere to go to get out of it and they both tumbled down. Not enough for a penalty for me. Otherwise, Cash had a decent game. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â