Matty Cash

paul514

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

6 since he signed for us. More than any other player in the prem since then. 

Today imo was very unlucky given he did actually toe the ball.

Some of the others he's been reckless, impulsive player who slides in a lot to block shots and sometimes gets it wrong.

It's important to note though that for how impressive he was in pre season that Kosta is still very young and we saw that naiveness when trying to close out the game. Gave the ball away in a dangerous area and West Ham nearly scored from it so he'll need time and patience to develop into the consistency Cash has generally shown for us in the last five seasons.

Done extremely well for Villa in the past few years, seems a very good guy but we need better now. No shame in that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

He gives pens away more than anyone else because he’s thick as shit and dives in more often than not. Nothing unlucky about it. 

Like the famous Maldini quote goes..

If you are having to make a tackle you have already made a mistake

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

Thought he played well today against Kudus who was having a great game for spammers as well.

I won't blame him for the peno, never was his fault.

I thought he did ok too. Kudos is some player, would love him at Villa.

• Like 1

Given the new directive that var is not going go overturn on field decisions unless it's a howler I can see why the penalty wasn't overuled. Really though it was a high risk challenge and something Cash has been guilty of many times. Otherwise I thought he had a good game 

I know I won't be jumping on any Matty Out bandwagon. Not a time to "cash out" -- he's a skilled, passionate player who seems to get the grumblers grumbling and always has. It's great we have Ned, too. Put simply, we need both this campaign. I'd be more concerned about getting back-up for CB, not RB -- not now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I know I won't be jumping on any Matty Out bandwagon. Not a time to "cash out" -- he's a skilled, passionate player who seems to get the grumblers grumbling and always has. It's great we have Ned, too. Put simply, we need both this campaign. I'd be more concerned about getting back-up for CB, not RB -- not now.

No point jumping on him

We all know who Cash is and what he does.

We all know he is an honest and hard working player but that will cause frustration throughout the whole season.

I love the guy but it really is time now. He is incredibly lucky if he keeps being a regular starter

• Like 1

Before the penalty, he was looking great. After the penalty, he looked out of his depth. Is he just a confidence player? He gets one knock to his ego and he just can’t play to his best 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

Thought he had a good game. Clumsy and unlucky with the pen. Some way over the top criticism. I've been critical of him for a long time but he seems to be improving. Solid today and his passing was good. Looked gutted to have conceded the penalty. Happy to have him in our team. 

17 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I think both cash and ned are hugely behind our left side options tbh. Definitely a place I'd love an improvement 

33 minutes ago, bose said:

Done extremely well for Villa in the past few years, seems a very good guy but we need better now. No shame in that. 

I thought he was superb today, knowing that he has genuine competition for his place

It was never a penalty, and despite his limitations he’s still a very good footballer and one who helped us get a champions league place. We might need to replace him if we’re serious about challenging for the league/top 4, but he’s a welcome squad member who adds a lot of value. 

27 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

No point jumping on him

We all know who Cash is and what he does.

We all know he is an honest and hard working player but that will cause frustration throughout the whole season.

I love the guy but it really is time now. He is incredibly lucky if he keeps being a regular starter

I'd agree lucky, but not incredibly so. Competition is good. He's not as emotionally fragile as some of other starters, so I think he can cope with a challenge. We will need some players we can count on hitting a certain level of excellence even if they're not perfect.  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â