Matty Cash

paul514

I was at the Bournemouth game last season and he did a similarly poor tackle to give away a penalty. I turned to my dad and said if we make Champions League we need an upgrade on Cash.

Four months later and he is still our first choice right back. Frustrating.

I just don't get why he's gotta put in these risky challenges. Soucek wasn't going anywhere and Ezri was right there. 

He just isn't a smart player. You should always be working the odds or percentages and that wasnt worth the risk. 

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Our worst player by a mile. Such a failure he’s even with us, never mind starting 

God forbid Kosta or a future signing like Geertiruda ever give away a penalty.

He had a really solid first 40 minutes v Kudus and then won the ball and got his body infront of Soucek.

It wasn't a penalty.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

God forbid Kosta or a future signing like Geertiruda ever give away a penalty.

He had a really solid first 40 minutes v Kudus and then won the ball and got his body infront of Soucek.

It wasn't a penalty.

Yeah I'm not always his biggest fan but he's done little wrong that half

• Like 1

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

Thought he played extremely well. Highlighted by how shaky Nedelkovic looked in comparison 

Yes, people for some reason expect 18 year old who never kicked a ball in England to suddenly be better than Cash. Nonsense 

• Like 1

Matty might get beat , but he gets back time and time and time again.  He's actually elite at it. Never seen a player block a cross or make a tackle facing the wrong way as much as him. It's absolutely not the way to do it, but he makes it work.

Unlucky with the penalty today, but for his tenacity he was getting bullied too easily. I don't think he's going to be starting, but good in the squad. He works hard and picked out some good headers. He needs to be braver though - especially on crosses.

48 minutes ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Cash has been good this half bad refereeing doesn't make it a bad performance.

Matty gets a lot of stick on here but I thought he had a good game. Worked hard and kept at it against attackers that will do a lot of damage this season. Yes, he gave the ref a decision to make for the pen, I can forgive the refs decision but VAR not overturning it just boggles my mind.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â