Matty Cash

paul514

9 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

250k views, a quarter of a million.....Wow, the power of the internet. Don't believe anything you read!

No smoke without fire… ;)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lexicon said:

He's really trying. I imagine that he really wants to stay and is fighting for his place.

I would also try. It doesn't mean I'd be good enough

On 01/08/2024 at 09:49, StefanAVFC said:

I would also try. It doesn't mean I'd be good enough

Yeah, but I think you'd fall a bit shorter than a guy who is reasonable back-up for us. 

12 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, but I think you'd fall a bit shorter than a guy who is reasonable back-up for us. 

Looks like he'll start the season at RB. A huge gap is our squad building. He shouldn't even be back up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Looks like he'll start the season at RB. A huge gap is our squad building. He shouldn't even be back up.

I'm hopeful Konsa will be right back with a new guy at CB.

I'd also Ned is pretty level with him right now.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not necessarily. I think Konsa will probably start at RB. 

In any case, Kosta looks to be a hell of a prospect and our future number one, so we need to facilitate that this season. 

Lovely lad but he is just not at the level we need him to be at. He backs off from the wingers quicker than most players can run forwards! The less said about his header for the goal the better!

so bad, just...so so bad.

to be fair though, he just doesnt suit our style, he would be great in an Everton style setup, but he doesnt suit the way we play at all.

Edited by MaVilla

13 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Lovely lad but he is just not at the level we need him to be at. He backs off from the wingers quicker than most players can run forwards! The less said about his header for the goal the better!

been saying the same thing for years...wingers must love playing against him...the space he gives is a dream

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think we can all agree... he's the weak link in the team. 

1 Good game every 10 isn't going to cut it this season.

Yet, there is just something about Matty Cash I can't help but like.

Very likable character

Matty's effort and energy are not in question, but his positioning and decision making is a repetitive accident waiting to happen. His header back into the danger area for their goal instead of simply heading it out of play was an exact replica of several identical poor decisions last season which also cost us.

As many of you guys are saying, he's a lovely fella who lacks the footballing IQ for the level we're now at. He could still do a job for a lower table club.

i like him. always have. we all have short memories...start of last season scoring 2 vs burnley. 2 seasons ago, he was the fans player of the year.

he's having a dip...players have them. ollie did not that long ago. kosta's performances will keep him on his toes but i think emery likes cashy and can't see him going anywhere anytime soon

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

i like him. always have. we all have short memories...start of last season scoring 2 vs burnley. 2 seasons ago, he was the fans player of the year.

he's having a dip...players have them. ollie did not that long ago. kosta's performances will keep him on his toes but i think emery likes cashy and can't see him going anywhere anytime soon

Long dip 

All players have levels and it appears that Matty’s currently is lower/mid table premier league. There’s absolutely no shame in that at all and he will have a very good career but the name of the game is progress and we need better so he needs to level up asap or he’s going to be moved on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â