Matty Cash

paul514

5 hours ago, villaglint said:

I really dont understand transfers anymore. We sign a player from the championship for £16m (19m euros) who has plenty of promise but only one year of experience playing at right back. 

He does well solidifys his place in the team, wins Supporters player of the season in 21-22 (4 goals, 4 assists that year), he gets 5 goals and 3 assists this year, gets European experience in conference league, goes to a WC and wins a place in the Champions League after playing 46 games. 

And now he's worth 20m euros. 

I dont think he is Emerys cup of tea as a player but he has much improved him. Cash is so much better on the ball now than under Deano or Gerrard. 

All that added value in terms of experience and he's added 1m euros in transfer value. 

Dont understand it. 

The problem is he wouldn't be of interest to the other teams fighting for CL in England, and probably wouldn't want to go to a bottom half side in the PL, so if he's to leave it will be to a team in Europe, and European teams don't have vast sums to spend on a player like him. It's just the difference between English and European prices. 

38 minutes ago, djdabush said:

If Monchi can pull off a €30m deal for Matty Cash then I won't hear a word against him. He's a likeable character and has his moments but you'd think we would be able to significantly upgrade in that position for that sort of money.

€30m which is £25m sounds about right for Cash.  and he’s basically all profit for us.

Building up that transfer kitty to splash big!

• Like 1

Milan won't be paying £25m for Cashy :crylaugh:No chance.

If the rumours of 352/343 come to fruition, I think we'd regret selling Cash. He can run all day the little bonehead.

We'd sell for £18m IMO.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Would be a crazy good deal. 

Why?

Lots of average full backs go for 25m +. AC Milan wanted Emerson Royal originally. Spurs signed him for 25.8m and I presume they want they same hence Milan are looking at Cash as cheaper alternative. Spurs also signed Porro for 39.7m.

I really really hope the club's idea isn't to sell Cash and then just have Konsa and the Serb kid competing for a place as then it feels another position we're far weaker in than last season.

Strange we're not trying to see if Inter might fancy him as then Dumfries could be an option.

It's odd. We've had 18 months of winning most weeks, finishing 7th and 4th and some of our regular starting players are barely being valued at 20m.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The problem is he wouldn't be of interest to the other teams fighting for CL in England, and probably wouldn't want to go to a bottom half side in the PL, so if he's to leave it will be to a team in Europe, and European teams don't have vast sums to spend on a player like him. It's just the difference between English and European prices. 

I could've seen Cash going to West Ham if Moyes had stayed. Or Everton if they actually had some money so ironic isn't it both those would've likely paid 25m and we're trying to squeeze about 20m out of Meelan.

They did sign Tomori for 24m and Pulisic for 20m so that's the benchmark figure buying from prem I guess.

• Like 1

I used to be all on board for selling Cash but now with seemingly half the team leaving, I don't know. He was here since the Smith days, and can still do a job for us, especially if Emery is thinking of changing systems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

€30m which is £25m sounds about right for Cash.  and he’s basically all profit for us.

Building up that transfer kitty to splash big!

think the book value is 2.5m so yep pretty much

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I used to be all on board for selling Cash but now with seemingly half the team leaving, I don't know. He was here since the Smith days, and can still do a job for us, especially if Emery is thinking of changing systems.

Selling three names isn’t half the team leaving though. Cash isn’t indispensable. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Selling three names isn’t half the team leaving though. Cash isn’t indispensable. 

You're right, cash usually is dispensed

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â