Matty Cash

paul514

Maybe just me or does he seem sort of checked out whenever he plays?

I know he's not ever really been switched on positionally but he used to have a bit of aggression to his game and now he looks very cautious. Can only blame world cup hangover for so long as he's had plenty of time on the bench to rest.

Edited by DJBOB

9 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Maybe just me or does he seem sort of checked out whenever he plays?

I know he's not ever really been switched on positionally but he used to have a bit of aggression to his game and now he looks very cautious. Can only blame world cup hangover for so long as he's had plenty of time on the bench to rest.

He’s told to hold back so not that surprising. It’s really made him worse overall.

17 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Cash and Digne definitely up for sale this summer 

I think so. Nothing wrong with them as players, just don't fit the style/system now. Don't think we'll have any trouble offloading them. 

Difficult one to figure out. I'm sure we're bringing in a new RB/RCB in summer. Young will extend his contract by another year too.

So what becomes of Cash is a big question. It does really depend on what happens with Carlos back. Do we move Konsa to RB or not is a big question. 

If we do (or even possibly have Carlos at RB though that's more unlikely) then it seems we'll probably accept offers for Cash unless he's to become a RM (which seems unlikely as we want 8/10 type players in those roles). 

Cash just doesn't fit the way Emery wants to set up his back 4 and that's nothing to do with Cash's ability. Just Emery not wanting an attacking RB. 

3 hours ago, PeterSw said:

Wonder if he could go back to being a winger? Seems pretty obvious that it'll be Konsa at right back when Carlos is ready to return.

A player with no skill and no composure on the wing? No thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Do we move Konsa to RB or not is a big question. 

Konsa is a better defender than Cash, but is much worse at passing, so I don't see that happening, even taking into account that we currently play asymmetrically and the LB is expected to get forward more than the RB. Unai will continue to start Young over both of them.

If we do sell Cash, and Diego and Mings play together at CB as expected, the Konsa will probably become a backup CB/RB.

26 minutes ago, TomC said:

Konsa is a better defender than Cash, but is much worse at passing, so I don't see that happening, even taking into account that we currently play asymmetrically and the LB is expected to get forward more than the RB. Unai will continue to start Young over both of them.

If we do sell Cash, and Diego and Mings play together at CB as expected, the Konsa will probably become a backup CB/RB.

Cash is no great passer himself. Young on the other hand, is a very good passer.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â