Jaden Philogene

Kingman

11 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

From the championship to the champions league. If we were to activate the buy back who was the last player to successfully make that transition. I feel like one has to be out there but im struggling to think of any. 

Probably Dan James

I’m surprised we’ve matched that bid. I suppose it gives us the opportunity to speak with him and see if he is interested in coming back. If not we move on. 

It’s hard to see him getting any significant game time when you consider our wing options:

Bailey, Diaby, JJ, Iling Jr, Buendia, Rodgers, Dobbin…

47 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’m surprised we’ve matched that bid. I suppose it gives us the opportunity to speak with him and see if he is interested in coming back. If not we move on. 

It’s hard to see him getting any significant game time when you consider our wing options:

Bailey, Diaby, JJ, Iling Jr, Buendia, Rodgers, Dobbin…

Dobbin on loan to Hull for the season? Or to Ipswich to soften the blow of Jaden?

Maybe encourage Ipswich to raise their bid, to make us pull out the race, and then we get a higher sell on fee? 

Maybe we want him to help our club-trained quota.

Maybe we want to buy him and sell one of our other forwards.

Lots of reasons this could be true. 

And also several why it might be agent leaking rubbish. 

I'd be happy if we got him back, but wondering who we'll be selling to accommodate it. 

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't get why we're doing this, unless we genuinely see him as part of our first team in the long term

I'm thinking we knew we **** up. He's going to be a 30m / 40m player easily. His ceiling is massive and it was last season we sold him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't get why we're doing this, unless we genuinely see him as part of our first team in the long term

Got a big sell-on clause attached - we drive up the price and pocket more. 

Sounds like we're trying to drive the price up and pocket more from his transfer. Wouldn't mind having him back though, thought he looked brilliant from what I've seen and Hull fans seem to love him. Very talented player imo.

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

We can't lose on this. 

We gain 30% of the fee if he moves to a other club 

Or

We get one of the best players in the championship for 12.6 million

Monchi 👑

i suspect this is the club's thinking. either the price gets driven up or we end up with a good player for not huge money. win win.

15 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We can't lose on this. 

We gain 30% of the fee if he moves to a other club 

Or

We get one of the best players in the championship for 12.6 million

Monchi 👑

We pay 7m for our own player. King Monchi!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â