Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Club acknowledging their mistake I see. 

Genuine question, could we include Buendia in the deal on loan for 6 months? He’d play regularly and can get back to a level where he can sit on the bench for us in cup games. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But, swings and roundabouts, if we hadn’t have sold Philogene, we would never have had that all timer from Zaniolo down at Bournemouth. 

What a performance that was. Absolutely beautiful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Pretty much this. He is linked to Ipswich who will probably be relegated and Everton who wont be far off the bottom 3

He will look good on MOTD or Youtube for them but wont really do much damage. He is a good footballer and fun to watch but nowhere near European quality

Why was he better in the Championship than Rogers do you think?

It’s an interesting situation. I assume the deal is good for us either way? We surely have a sell on % and if not we get JPB back. 

I think it will be a tough decision he will have to make. Almost guaranteed starter in a relegation team or a lesser role at a CL team. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

This is it for me.

I think most on here agree that Buendia has been a waste of money and sadly it appears Diaby is too. 

Id say Philogene is better than both already. Don’t care that he plays in the Championship.

But, swings and roundabouts, if we hadn’t have sold Philogene, we would never have had that all timer from Zaniolo down at Bournemouth. 

Many an attacker or specifically a quick player (example being Daniel James) has looked a world beater in the championship because the pace sets them apart. When they get to the prem, they flounder as the standard is far greater.

Whilst I wish JPB has a great career, lets see how he gets on first before declaring him to be better than players who have delivered more over longer periods. 

Just now, villaglint said:

Anyone got a clue what matching rights are? We have the right to bid the same as any other club? Surely every club has that anyway. 

Pretty much can talk to the player but he isn't obliged to come back

I don't think he will

14 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Horses for courses but Boro had a terrible start last season as last previous season attack in Archer and Akpom

End of day Unai didnt really fight to keep JPB but was happy put Rogers straight into the squad

16 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Anyone got a clue what matching rights are? We have the right to bid the same as any other club? Surely every club has that anyway. 

I think the way it works is that Hull have to notify Villa if they have accepted a bid for JBP and if we offer the same they must accept it. 

44 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Club acknowledging their mistake I see. 

Genuine question, could we include Buendia in the deal on loan for 6 months? He’d play regularly and can get back to a level where he can sit on the bench for us in cup games. 

Maybe we could include you for a 2 year loan to their forum. 

Posted (edited)

I seriously doubt that he will rejoin us given he left in the first place to get regular game time. 

Unless Emery has done a complete 180 on his opinion of him... 

Edited by villarule123

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Depends how you analyse players Rogers is an intelligent system player who seemed neat and tidy whenever I watched him in the championship and it was glaringly obvious to see what he’d offer in a structured system , Philogene a highlight player who has that ability to do unthinkable things and wow the crowd.  funnily enough I watch a lot of non league football and see players like this weekly people ask frequently why these players aren’t playing at a higher level , it’s simple they aren’t good enough athletes or read the game quick enough. I’m not suggesting Philogene is a poor player at all but he won’t have time to pull out the bag of tricks in the premier league especially if he signs for one relegation battling sides in Everton or Ipswich.

Of all of us working normal jobs and wasting the odd hour talking shite on villatalk could see the matching clause was a) shit and b) pointless if the player didn't want to come.

At the time, it seemed an awful deal letting him go for £5mill if we did not have a massive sell on percentage (although in this instance, as its part of a 2 player deal, Ipswich would have probably structured the individual valuations to screw us anyway)

He'd been in the championship already and got rave reviews, so it's not like you couldn't foresee him going for a big fee in a season or two.

• Like 1

From the championship to the champions league. If we were to activate the buy back who was the last player to successfully make that transition. I feel like one has to be out there but im struggling to think of any. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â