Jaden Philogene

Kingman

2 hours ago, GamingDad said:

All international matches should be moved to the summer once the domestic leagues have finished. Have all the qualifiers inbetween the Euros and World Cup years.

Or just cut down on the amount of games and competitions. I remember growing up and looking forward to international football now I dread it that in it’s self suggest that there’s to many international matches. U21 & U20 competitions and matches should be for players playing at the U21 level at club level or the championship down a player that’s starting for a Champions league team has no business playing at that level.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GamingDad said:

All international matches should be moved to the summer once the domestic leagues have finished. Have all the qualifiers inbetween the Euros and World Cup years.

Wait until you find out when the new Club World Club is being played.

2 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Or just cut down on the amount of games and competitions. I remember growing up and looking forward to international football now I dread it that in it’s self suggest that there’s to many international matches. U21 & U20 competitions and matches should be for players playing at the U21 level at club level or the championship down a player that’s starting for a Champions league team has no business playing at that level.

Greedy fifa. They claimed that Nations League was introduced to make friendlies more exciting, but is really to add matches and make it more attractive to sponsors. I think clubs should get tougher on friendlies and say that their players won't attend or limit their playing time to 45 minutes a game. 

17 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Have we considered that the players may want to be part of these games?

Don't personally care about our players turning out for England at any level, but it presumably means a lot to them and their families so there's an air of entitlement about calls to pull them out. Really not sure how forbidding our youngsters from playing for their countries at U21 level is gonna make us an attractive proposition for the best young talent either 

We pay their wages. So on balance villa take priority.

17 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Has it been derailed? He's still young and playing regularly for a top PL team. What if it had happened whilst he was playing as an overage player for us in the Johnstones Paint Trophy or whatever it's called now?

He could've excused himself, but didn't. Presumably he wanted to go there and be a key player representing his country in an international competition (which they ended up winning, incidentally).

Footballers are at risk of getting injured in every game they play. I suspect that Ramsey will go onto have a long career in professional football and will look back proudly one day in playing an important part in helping his country to win a prestigious international competition when it's all said and done

Yes. Before the end of that season he was playing terrifically. Arguably our best player. His performances so far this year have been the level he was when emery first came in instead of at that level. Maybe he'd have been able to sustain that level or kick on further ahead. Even if he couldn't sustain that level, he wouldn't be the same player now as he was 2 years ago, he'd have developed whether it would be improving his awareness, his passing or dribbling, he'd be better. Instead He's lost a full year of technical development because he played against someone who was never going to make it at the highest level so deliberately set out to injure someone. 

It's one thing to play our guys vs Spain, or Germany or Italy or France or even the likes of Brazil and Argentina. But when yous re flying then out to Israel or Azerbaijan against players where this tournament will be their career highlight yeah I have a real issue with that. 

Edited by MotoMkali

On 15/10/2024 at 17:18, MotoMkali said:

Yes. Before the end of that season he was playing terrifically. Arguably our best player. His performances so far this year have been the level he was when emery first came in instead of at that level. Maybe he'd have been able to sustain that level or kick on further ahead. Even if he couldn't sustain that level, he wouldn't be the same player now as he was 2 years ago, he'd have developed whether it would be improving his awareness, his passing or dribbling, he'd be better. Instead He's lost a full year of technical development because he played against someone who was never going to make it at the highest level so deliberately set out to injure someone. 

It's one thing to play our guys vs Spain, or Germany or Italy or France or even the likes of Brazil and Argentina. But when yous re flying then out to Israel or Azerbaijan against players where this tournament will be their career highlight yeah I have a real issue with that. 

He had a spell under Gerrard where he looked like our next £100m homegrown talent too. Since the injury he's been inconsistent and his form has been patchy, just as it was before the injury and exactly as would be expected of any young player.

He'll be fine, he'll either develop the consistency to be a regular starter for us for years to come, or will be sold and have a solid PL career elsewhere.

The injury interrupted his form with us, no doubt about that. To say that his career has been derailed is massively hyperbolic

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â