Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Just now, sne said:

I meant that he is a bit Vanilla, a bit safe. He did his job but didn't add much apart from what you'd expect. That's fine.

Today was his first ever start in the prem, it took Rogers a few weeks to get up to speed with things and of course he has to know his position off the ball (which is a work in progress).

He'll get a fair amount of starts in the next three months with Bailey's ongoing fitness issues so up to him what he makes of it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I meant that he is a bit Vanilla, a bit safe. He did his job but didn't add much apart from what you'd expect. That's fine.

What I like about him is that he's really calm and seemingly confident in his abilities. Think the last 2 games have been impressive - there's no substitute for work rate and effort. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Today was his first ever start in the prem, it took Rogers a few weeks to get up to speed with things and of course he has to know his position off the ball (which is a work in progress).

He'll get a fair amount of starts in the next three months with Bailey's ongoing fitness issues so up to him what he makes of it.

Yeah I agree. He has some way to go but he's getting there. He did fine.

45 minutes ago, sne said:

I mean he really didn't get the opportunity to do more. He likes isolating vs his man but he rarely got the chance to, whether due to lack of the ball or Utd doubling up. 

Jaden has adjusted to this level fairly well so far, considering where he’s played most of his football. 

I think his ‘safety first’ play at times is to be expected. This was his first premier league start and he probably didn’t want to mess things up. We’ve seen the flair he has in the championship, he just needs some more game time and confidence before we see the best from him. 

21 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

It's already evident that he can do a job if we are looking to close a team down defensively.  

I think primarily for Unai is he is capable of following the instructions down to a tee at the moment, kills spaces, tracks back and works hard. Hopefully that grows into consistent moments where he skinned someone and nearly put it top corner. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â