Jaden Philogene

Kingman

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was looking to see his price in FPL now he might get some games. Searched Philogene and Bidace. Nothing. Surely he's in the system. Searched Villa players only. He's on FPL as Jaden 🤦‍♂️

He came up on the screen at the ground last night as Jaden as well when they were announcing the lineup

Was looking to see his price in FPL now he might get some games. Searched Philogene and Bidace. Nothing. Surely he's in the system. Searched Villa players only. He's on FPL as Jaden 🤦‍♂️

its what he has on the back of his shirt!

Tbf he's changed his surname like 3 times and uses jaden on the back of his villa kit. 

18 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Something that gets lost in the sauce, but philogene is a very good defensive winger. Presses like a monster, fights in tackles and tracks back hard. He can do a lot of good work defensively tonight.

As I said before the game, really stout defensive performance. 

I think when he went to the right ( when bailey went off ) , He may have solved a problem in the horizon. Kamara 

Jayden was playing more of a hybrid wingback , out of possession he was basically right back and in possession he was very high up,

I can't see why kamara can't play that Konsa role last night. It was basically the position he played last season , with only difference being , Konsa was stepping into a third CB position. Can easily see this setup last night but instead , Kamara steps into the midfield in possession.

Edited by pete101

13 minutes ago, juanpabloangel18 said:

Given the circumstances, an absolutely brilliant performance. This lad has got the talent and the minerals 

He looked really composed defensively even in the 94th minute. Extra impressive on such a big occasion. 

4 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

impressed with Jadens role as a wing back. Hoping to see a bit more in the final third against United. Wonder if it opens us up going to a back 3?

We could do, especially if we wanted to accommodate Duran and Watkins in a 3-5-2 with Philogene and Maatsen as wing backs.

Martinez
Konsa Carlos Pau
Philogene Tielemans Onana Maatsen
Rogers
Watkins Duran

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We could do, especially if we wanted to accommodate Duran and Watkins in a 3-5-2 with Philogene and Maatsen as wing backs.

Martinez
Konsa Carlos Pau
Rogers
Watkins Duran

I think it helps with the Mings/Pau problem. I dont quite know where it leaves Kamara/Bailey but if definitely makes me understand the Jaden signing a bit more. 

he got a lot of question marks on his selection in last nights pre match thread from many on here and answered all of those in abundance 

a very assured performance and I think he’s nailed on to start on Sunday 

There’s a lot more to come from him in the future and with Unai’s coaching he can only get better. 

what a performance. i presume the buy back meant that he basically didn't have a choice to come back so he must've had some concerns around game time but emery trusted him to start him in the biggest game of our season so far. his place in the team to lose now

The boy was abject v Ipswich and looked well out of his depth and to come back from that and put in that performance yesterday is nothing short of absolutely astonishing.

We know what he is capable of now so just need to give him time to find his consistency. What a player we have on our hands when he can switch wings as effortlessly as he did against one of the best teams in the world. 

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

what a performance. i presume the buy back meant that he basically didn't have a choice to come back so he must've had some concerns around game time but emery trusted him to start him in the biggest game of our season so far. his place in the team to lose now

I don't think it was a mandatory buyback, just a clause that gives up the opportunity to match any bids. The final decision to come back was down to the player. 

• Like 1

That game has given him the opportunity to show us all how good he is defensively, he got undoubted quality in a attacking sense but I never realised how good he could be defensively. He played it perfectly, not to close but close enough, not diving in, just having little niggles. It reduced Bayern to trying the other side, which they had joy with Bailey being off form.

When Matesen came on and he was switched it stemmed the flow of chances from our right side.  This boys got a really bright future.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Martinez
Konsa Carlos Pau
Rogers
Watkins Duran

Or Mings in Carlos place if/when he comes back to a similar level as previous 

Although when Diego plays like he did last night you welcome him with open arms.

Bizarre player 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â