Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Hopefully we’ve just seen a glimpse of why we bought him, and that performance wasn’t just a one-off. Great defensively, ran all night, got in some promising attacking runs too.

Biggest concern with Jaden was the defensive side, mainly due to his size and stature.

Those concerns are gone after that performance, he was fantastic all night in tracking back to help out the full back. Didn't always win the ball in the challenge but did enough to help out and disrupt.

Going forward he was brilliant, and is versatile enough to play either side.

Superb, the start of his first team Villa career begins in style.

Edited by wilko154

As soon as I saw the team sheet I thought it made sense in that Jaden works much harder that Bailey from a defensive point of view, which was clearly going to be needed last night.

So whilst I totally got the logic I was a bit concerned about the size of the task given his relative inexperience. 

I thought he was incredible. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He may well come on at some point tonight and if he does what a stage for him to hopefully produce the spark that really ignites his Villa career. 

When I posted the above just before setting off for VP yesterday I never thought he'd start. He didn't just start though he did produce the performance that should now have really ignited his Villa career. He was excellent and his defensive work was crucial to us getting a result. The fact he had to switch sides a number of times couldn't have been easy for him. 

Given that Ramsey is almost certainly out and possibly Bailey he looks nailed on to start again on Sunday where he'll hopefully get more of the ball in advanced areas and can show more of what he can do offensively.

He must of taken a lot of confidence from last night and that will also do him the world of good. Hopefully by the end of the season we'll look back on last night as the start of Philogene becoming a player getting regular game time for us.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

would love to see him on the left, with maatsen at LB, Jaden cutting inside with Maatsen ovelapping, or maatsen dragging the left side around with Jaden being a nuisance.

i think they could cause some trouble on the left together.

You'd drop Digne? No way. 

Very mature performance off the ball, didn’t have a lot of opportunity with the ball but did okay.

Would imagine that was exactly what Unai was hoping for last night after some suspect and somewhat immature sub appearances (Everton).

Great to see and hopefully gives him the confidence to kick on now.

Hes always been that way defensively.

I remembering reading a comment from a Hull fan when he joined them saying is one of the best defensive wingers in the division. Definitely doing that Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday in the championship would have made him even better at it. I actually thought his selection was for that reason but just read Bailey was carrying a knock. 

Brilliant last night.

Edit there it is:

Jaden Philogene – The Humberside Houdini  – Breaking The Lines

Edited by villanmac

2 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Hes always been that way defensively.

I remembering reading a comment from a Hull fan when he joined them saying is one of the best defensive wingers in the division. Definitely doing that Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday in the championship would have made him even better at it. I actually thought his selection was for that reason but just read Bailey was carrying a knock. 

Brilliant last night.

Edit there it is:

Jaden Philogene – The Humberside Houdini  – Breaking The Lines

Something we've been lacking perhaps, especially down the right where teams seem to target us.  Unai could turn him into a hell of a defensive winger.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â