Jaden Philogene

Kingman

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Far more efficient spending £10m on a Philogene contract than £30m on a Diaby contract.

Zaniolo was dog.

If Philogene plays well twice in 25 games for us, he's been better than him.

We spent more than £10m on Philogene and Diaby was paid according to what he gave us. Of course Philogene is on a lot less because he’s not nearly as good. Once again, this was something we did for financial reasons (as Unai keeps pointing out in press conferences) and it shows on the pitch. If our manager had the choice between keeping Diaby or selling him and buying Philogene, he of course would have kept Diaby. He didn’t have that choice sadly.

Ok. Let’s see if Philogene has more than 2 good games for us. Already a sixth of the way through the season and he hasn’t had one yet. But I really, really, really hope you’re right because I want the lad to come good.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

We spent more than £10m on Philogene and Diaby was paid according to what he gave us. Of course Philogene is on a lot less because he’s not nearly as good. Once again, this was something we did for financial reasons (as Unai keeps pointing out in press conferences) and it shows on the pitch. If our manager had the choice between keeping Diaby or selling him and buying Philogene, he of course would have kept Diaby. He didn’t have that choice sadly.

Ok. Let’s see if Philogene has more than 2 good games for us. Already a sixth of the way through the season and he hasn’t had one yet. But I really, really, really hope you’re right because I want the lad to come good.

Yeah, he's not been great in his 45 mins on the pitch.

Philogene's contract will be less than £10m.

If you want to include transfer fee it's about £22m for Philogene vs 65m for Diaby. No contest.

Worth remembering Diaby would be sitting on the bench if he was still here. So not a great use of £65m.

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah, he's not been great in his 45 mins on the pitch.

Philogene's contract will be less than £10m.

If you want to include transfer fee it's about £22m for Philogene vs 65m for Diaby. No contest.

Worth remembering Diaby would be sitting on the bench if he was still here. So not a great use of £65m.

Ramsey would be on the bench. 

Diaby was a really decent player and I think he would have kicked on. 

• Like 2

I think some were expecting more from him but others feel a little put out that he left in the first place.

He could have had a season learning under Emery and getting plenty of minutes getting used to the system against the calibre of opposition we typically face, but he decided to choose first team football in the championship instead. Was it the better decision? Not sure. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I think some were expecting more from him but others feel a little put out that he left in the first place.

He could have had a season learning under Emery and getting plenty of minutes getting used to the system against the calibre of opposition we typically face, but he decided to choose first team football in the championship instead. Was it the better decision? Not sure. 

I personally think he needs a loan to get some confidence maybe back to Championship or relegation battling team but not sure we have the resources to loan more players out

• Haha 1

On 30/09/2024 at 09:34, Zatman said:

Was a few saying he be better than Diaby and Zaniolo and was a huge mistake let him go last season

I said, not on here mind, that letting him go was a mistake, especially to bring him back at the price that we did meant that we effectively paid Hull £8M (?) for them to loan our player.

I believe that he will become more productive than Zaniolo too.

I dint believe that he is better than Diaby though. Diaby has been criminally underrated by some of our fans because his form was not incredibly consistent. But his numbers stacked up well for a man first year in a new country that was an upgrade from his previous.

But, I still think Philogene will come good. I think he placed a little bit of pressure on himself by wanting more football & at a club like Villa, he has to produce performances at the very minimum.

But at the same time, with a couple of injuries & a few mins here & there, it is impossible to work himself into a rhythm to find form, unless he just explodes with form in one or two games, like Duran has.

The strange thing about Philogene, is his stats & form were good, but not wholly different to Archer & Aaron Ramsey. So it seems strange that they were deemed surplus to requirements but Philogene was brought back. Other than for PSR reasons.

Im not complaining he's back though. I like him as a player, & while I understood his leaving for regular football at a key stage in his development, I didn't want us to sell. Especially for a measly £5M.

Edited by Andy_10

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I personally think he needs a loan to get some confidence maybe back to Championship or relegation battling team but not sure we have the resources to loan more players out

That would make this entire venture a waste of time and money tbh

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He may well come on at some point tonight and if he does what a stage for him to hopefully produce the spark that really ignites his Villa career. 

Hope so. He's got plenty of time, anyway. 

To be quite honest, this is what we should have been getting out the way last season instead of him just playing in the champo for a season. 

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Hope so. He's got plenty of time, anyway. 

To be quite honest, this is what we should have been getting out the way last season instead of him just playing in the champo for a season. 

It's a pity he was injured for the Wycombe game. That could have been valuable game time for him. 

3 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Find it very amusing how Emery rates him while the last two pages were basically calling him Champions(ship) player and slating for 5 minute cameos 😂

None of us see him in training, so can only go on what we have seen and we haven't seen a whole lot so far.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Find it very amusing how Emery rates him while the last two pages were basically calling him Champions(ship) player and slating for 5 minute cameos 😂

Clearly Emery rates him or we wouldn't have paid the money we did to bring him back.

I remain to be convinced that he's ready to start a match of this magnitude, but if Emery backs him, I'm openminded about it. I will be watching him closely tonight.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â