Jaden Philogene

Kingman

There's plenty more players/areas to be worried about rather than JPB right now. He's not even played a half of football all together yet through sub appearances. 

Missing the Wycombe game was a blow, would've been good for him. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Needs time, he didn't even look fit, would have really helped if he was fit midweek and played that game. 

I think he was the wrong sub today but then we didn't really have anyone else to play on the right hand side. 

The issue for me is Everton and Ipswich he has looked terrified on the ball especially against one team he played against last season and the other a Championship level defence

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was a few saying he be better than Diaby and Zaniolo and was a huge mistake let him go last season

Yes which I found a bit baffling.  Very reliant on Bailey now and really he's had one great season with us but it's a lot to expect for him to reproduce performances like he showed against Man City . I was choked when Diaby was sold. 

Edited by PaulC

Unfortunately some embarrassing comments on here regarding a young player who has only played a few minutes at PL level. 

I can only assume there are many fans on here who have never watched football before, expecting a player in Philogene’s situation to be a complete player at this stage of his career. 

Not only that but he basically did nothing wrong in the last game, not his fault Konsa needlessly gave the ball away when he was out of position or his fault over Carlos’ car crash defending, which is what cost us the game. The team was poor for the entire second half, Philogene is not the scape goat for the team’s performance or for the crap mistakes made by senior players. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Farlz said:

There's plenty more players/areas to be worried about rather than JPB right now. He's not even played a half of football all together yet through sub appearances. 

Missing the Wycombe game was a blow, would've been good for him. 

Maybe they might start him next Tuesday in The EFL Trophy at Bolton (Unless he gets an England U21 call up) 

On 29/09/2024 at 16:31, markavfc40 said:

He needs to grasp the limited opportunities he is being given. He had 20 mins against West Ham and 30 minutes today and I can't think of one positive contribution from him. 

Way too soon to write him of but the bottom line is that we are lacking wide players so we need him to make an impact and be a player we can call upon to make a positive contribution.

Just wrong. Against Ipswich he won a fee kick, beat his man and played a nice ball into Duran and the layoff didn't come off. 

He got the ball like 4 times, because Konsa had zero interest in passing too him. And he made progressive moves every single time. Had we actually played down the right at all in his minutes (or in games in general - that Bailey assist is basically the only attack we've really had from the right all year) he might have had the opportunity to do something. 78

On 30/09/2024 at 14:54, david-avfc said:

Unfortunately some embarrassing comments on here regarding a young player who has only played a few minutes at PL level. 

I can only assume there are many fans on here who have never watched football before, expecting a player in Philogene’s situation to be a complete player at this stage of his career. 

Not only that but he basically did nothing wrong in the last game, not his fault Konsa needlessly gave the ball away when he was out of position or his fault over Carlos’ car crash defending, which is what cost us the game. The team was poor for the entire second half, Philogene is not the scape goat for the team’s performance or for the crap mistakes made by senior players. 

You're arguing against a narrative you've made up yourself. No one is expecting a "complete player" - but ultimately, he's 22. He's the same age as Morgan Rogers. He's not an 18 year old.

No one is blaming him for the goal we conceded? No one is even blaming him for the dropped points. I can't see anyone who's made him the scape goat.

Ultimately, he played half an hour and did nothing against a Championship full-back. He did nothing with the ball when he had it. 

He was lucky to win a free kick, apart from that I think he gave the ball away pretty much every other time he had it.

If you look at the players our league rivals our bringing off the bench, it's clearly far from ideal that we're bringing on someone of his current quality. Hopefully he kicks on and becomes a more complete player - clearly Emery believes in him. Again, no one blames him for the bad result on Sunday - but fans are perfectly within their rights to expect a 22 year old player we signed for £15m+ to impact the game (at all) in half an hour against a team that came 2nd in the Championship last year.

Edited by Cizzler

He's definitely short on confidence. There was a few times against Ipswich when he was one on one with their full back and just passed it back to Konsa when he could've run at them. Hopefully the coaches can get his confidence up so he starts attacking teams like he did in the Championship.

7 hours ago, Cizzler said:

You're arguing against a narrative you've made up yourself. No one is expecting a "complete player" - but ultimately, he's 22. He's the same age as Morgan Rogers. He's not an 18 year old.

No one is blaming him for the goal we conceded? No one is even blaming him for the dropped points. I can't see anyone who's made him the scape goat.

Ultimately, he played half an hour and did nothing against a Championship full-back. He did nothing with the ball when he had it. 

He was lucky to win a free kick, apart from that I think he gave the ball away pretty much every other time he had it.

If you look at the players our league rivals our bringing off the bench, it's clearly far from ideal that we're bringing on someone of his current quality. Hopefully he kicks on and becomes a more complete player - clearly Emery believes in him. Again, no one blames him for the bad result on Sunday - but fans are perfectly within their rights to expect a 22 year old player we signed for £15m+ to impact the game (at all) in half an hour against a team that came 2nd in the Championship last year.

Rogers himself wasn’t as he is without playing. From an 8m player to the most selected Villa player in Fantasy PL. Jaden needs confidence and time, he’s winning tough fouls which shows the ability is there. The whole team need more work but we’re getting there.

On 30/09/2024 at 16:34, Zatman said:

Was a few saying he be better than Diaby and Zaniolo and was a huge mistake let him go last season

Yeah, he's better than both.

Obviously he's better than Zaniolo, let's not be ridiculous.

Far more efficient spending £10m on a Philogene contract than £30m on a Diaby contract.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Yeah, he's better than both.

Obviously he's better than Zaniolo, let's not be ridiculous.

Far more efficient spending £10m on a Philogene contract than £30m on a Diaby contract.

Diaby is a far better player mate, don’t be silly now. 

And actually so far he ain’t even better than Zaniolo. No chance Philogene could put in a performance like he did away at Arsenal last season based on what I’ve seen so far. Zaniolo was mostly crap for us though I agree but he did at least have his moments. It’s still far too early to say either way if he’s better or worse but so far he looks out of his depth so saying ‘Obviously he’s better than Zaniolo’ isn’t helpful or accurate.

Still very early days for Jaden and of course we all want him to come good but every time he has stepped on to the pitch so far (which admittedly hasn’t been much) for us he looks like a deer in headlights.

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

Diaby is a far better player mate, don’t be silly now. 

1 hour ago, Leeroy said:

And actually so far he ain’t even better than Zaniolo. No chance Philogene could put in a performance like he did away at Arsenal last season based on what I’ve seen so far. 

Zaniolo was dog.

If Philogene plays well twice in 25 games for us, he's been better than him.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â