Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Selling Diaby to bring in Philogene might have been fine for financial reasons, but it’s a clear downgrade.

Philogene can barely beat a player let alone look like he might score or assist. Diaby as frustrating as he was at times always looked dangerous whether as a sub or starting games.

Philogene looks a complete waster so far.

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Looks a bit out of his depth so far. Not the Diaby upgrade people were claiming when he signed

I think £12m Philogene from Hull is better than £50m Diaby from Leverkusen on the right actually.

I don't think our tactic of never attack down the right suits him.

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think £12m Philogene from Hull is better than £50m Diaby from Leverkusen on the right actually.

I don't think our tactic of never attack down the right suits him.

We didnt pay 50 million for Diaby😉

He looks terrified at the moment when he gets on the pitch regardless of tactics

Its was always going to be difficult for him coming in and getting injured has further dented his progress. To say he was brought in as an upgrade to Diaby is ridiculous, Diaby was sold to help PSR issues, we're dining at the top table with Mac D finances. 

Didn't happen for him today but whole team was poor in 2nd. he's had less than 45 mins on pitch this season, in effectively a new team and at a level he's not played much at. Way way too early to draw any conclusions.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

He's not the replacement for Diaby people thought. Hope he improves. 

Buendia will be more of a replacement for Diaby once he gets his fitness up.

Probably does show while the odd gem like Rogers will be found replacing proven European players with a bunch of kids will not reap immediate dividends. 

Ned and Jaden looked decent in pre season but both look a bit off prem level currently so to me the squad feels more thin than what we were carrying for most of last year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blunther said:

Heard good things about this fella last year, and a Hull fan I spoke to recently on a train ride was gutted to lose him, so he must have something. Not seen anything at all from him yet though. 

The level we're playing at now is far higher than top end championship. It would be different if he was coming into our level two years back when we were an underachieving bottom six team under Slippy but we're not so we need reserves to hit the ground running and it's going to take time with likes of him and Ned.

The club obviously didn't sign him thinking he would have the same impact as Rogers, Rogers is an anomaly in that sense, no one should be expecting that kind of immediate impact from a Championship signing, as for the most part isn't going to happen, most Signings from the Champship that have had no top flight experience will need a run of games to get up to speed, some were actually even questioning Rogers after his first few games, saying he needs a Championship loan

Philogene has only played 43 minutes, and most of that was today after only just coming back from injury, with time he can become a good player

And he isn't really DIaby's replacement, as Diaby was signed to be developed as more of a second striker, so it's essentially Rogers who is replacing the game time that Diaby would have got, Philogene is more of a Zaniolo replacement if anything

8 minutes ago, useless said:

The club obviously didn't sign him thinking he would have the same impact as Rogers, Rogers is an anomaly in that sense, no one should be expecting that kind of immediate impact from a Championship signing, as for the most part isn't going to happen, most Signings from the Champship that have had no top flight experience will need a run of games to get up to speed, some were actually even questioning Rogers after his first few games, saying he needs a Championship loan

Philogene has only played 43 minutes, and most of that was today after only just coming back from injury, with time he can become a good player

And he isn't really DIaby's replacement, as Diaby was signed to be developed as more of a second striker, so it's essentially Rogers who is replacing the game time that Diaby would have got, Philogene is more of a Zaniolo replacement if anything

I just came in to say he's only played 43 minutes. I'm not sure why we re-signed him but apparently he's been getting hate on Twitter and that's a disgrace given the fact he's played 43 bloody minutes. Actually it's laughable.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He was amazing in the Championship last season. Think he’s just struggling to adapt to the pace and physicality. Wouldn’t write him off just yet - took Buendia a little while to find form at this level.

Buendia hasn’t ever really consistently delivered at this level if we’re being brutally honest. Yes he has been injured for a year but even before that we would have struggled to get back what we paid for him. Certainly didn’t go up in value. Compare that to Watkins, Konsa and Rogers whose value has drastically increased. Buendia was probably our most exciting signing from the Championship given his form in his final season at Norwich and beating off the likes of Arsenal and Atletico to get him but he’s been the biggest disappointment from our Championship signings IMHO.

Luckily Philogene cost us a lot less but we need him to be a more effective signing than Buendia. Still plenty of time but not good early signs.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â