Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Don't want to judge him prematurely, but so far he has really shown a lack of seriousness on the pitch.  Very casual both offensively and defensively. Late on why did he not cross that ball in? At minimum we would have gotten a corner.

He looks so one dimensional when trying to take a man on. He seems to put a shift in defensively so that's probably what Emery likes but we need more. Especially when Ramsey's also offering very little on the other flank.

3 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Much rather we'd have prioritised Geertruida over resigning Philogene and have no idea why we didn't.

We needed the homegrown quota for Europe plus with all the PSR shenanigans involved with the buyback I'm not sure how much more money we would have had to put towards Geertruida anyway.  Should've got a defender on loan.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

We needed the homegrown quota for Europe plus with all the PSR shenanigans involved with the buyback I'm not sure how much more money we would have had to put towards Geertruida anyway.  Should've got a defender on loan.

So it cost us 13 mill to reach our European quota. 

No chance that was the only avenue. 

It was nonsensical business. 

3 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

So it cost us 13 mill to reach our European quota. 

No chance that was the only avenue. 

It was nonsensical business. 

It's not just that, Emery seems to rate him and regret selling him, I've not seen a lot myself in him but he could prove worth it over time.  I just don't see the point in writing him off just yet, I think he drew the foul that should've had them down to 10 men too.

Not sure he kept the ball?

Looked utterly rancid. Bad touches, gave the ball away, awful in the press, barely tracked his man.

Honestly looked like he didn’t want to be there. Looking like an incredible waste of money. 

Edited by Cizzler

He needs to grasp the limited opportunities he is being given. He had 20 mins against West Ham and 30 minutes today and I can't think of one positive contribution from him. 

Way too soon to write him of but the bottom line is that we are lacking wide players so we need him to make an impact and be a player we can call upon to make a positive contribution.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He was amazing in the Championship last season. Think he’s just struggling to adapt to the pace and physicality. Wouldn’t write him off just yet - took Buendia a little while to find form at this level.

Buendia always plays like he’s trying to find form imo 

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â