Jaden Philogene

Kingman

It’s going to need hard work but he has enough natural talent to make this work. As other state, Rogers took a few games to get up to the demands of the division.

Far too early to start speculating one way or other, yes looked great vs Bilbao and like the youngster he is vs Dortmund, but he wasn’t alone in looking ineffective, I thought Tielemans and Onana were especially dissapointing too, a poor game for many.

Looks like Emery has a plan for him so expect big things.

23 minutes ago, WHY said:

Give the kid a chance ffs, the team as a whole were rubbish and never really gave him the ball in areas where he could attack the full back. The one time they did he picked out a lovely cross for Ramsey who was unlucky with his header. He will be a better option than Zaniolo and ia lot cheaper in terms of wages. 

I agree and disagree, he needs time but also, if he is to make it at this level he needs to have an inner belief he can.  It’s not all about talent, it’s about belief and yesterday he had a number of one v one opportunities and chose the Matty Cash option of turning back.

He has not got Diaby pace, so he needs to use his ability to beat a man with skill and create.  It’s a harsh world at this level and he has this year to stake a claim otherwise I fear he will be sold. 

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He was in loads and loads of space and not given the ball many times.

The infuriating tactic of going from in an ok position on the right to trapped back by our own left corner flag is ridiculous.

Caught offside twice I think. Sort that out please Jaden. Not difficult when you're on the wing.

Their press was dictating this. 

“With Jaden, it’s an interesting story,” said Monchi. “When he left the club last season, maybe not every day, but every week, Unai would say to me ‘Monchi, maybe we’ve made a mistake to sell Jaden’. Because he played very well for Hull and every week, it was ‘Monchi..’ I would say ‘OK, Unai, but we have the possibility to bring him back’.
“When we had the possibility, we didn’t have any doubts and we fought to sign him. We are very happy because he’s a top player and he’s homegrown, he’s an academy player for the Champions League. An interesting profile for many situations.”

From the telegraph article in Monchi thread

• Like 2

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Monchi and Unai seem to have a lovely relationship lol

Huge key to their success, especially when you see a lot of sporting directors hired independently from the coach and friction occurs as they're not aligned on strategy, Newcastle and Eddie Howe seem to be in this situation right now.

• Like 1

Impressed with his willingness to help defensively. 

Sometimes with wingers they will track back to close of space but don’t actually engage, but Jaden is happy to get stuck in aswell. 

Obvisouly we all hope he’s going to shine offensively but his work rate is also going to be helpful. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Colin79 said:

Impressed with his willingness to help defensively. 

Sometimes with wingers they will track back to close of space but don’t actually engage, but Jaden is happy to get stuck in aswell. 

Obvisouly we all hope he’s going to shine offensively but his work rate is also going to be helpful. 

Hopefully will get plenty of game time when we are ahead in games and want to rest Bailey plus help see games out. Can be trusted 100%

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â