Jaden Philogene

Kingman

The best we've seen from him in a Villa shirt, IMO. He looked a lot calmer today - not just trying and failing to beat his man but passing it out more - and took his goal very well.

• Like 1

He had couple interceptions as well, one of his plays surprised who were watching let alone the players. Plays well with his right and left. This game showed his quality. 

• Like 3

Very impressed, quick, technical, direct, fluid, great defensive work. Holds up the ball and skipps past players. Can't wait to see him develop under Emery this season. 

• Like 4

He was in loads and loads of space and not given the ball many times.

The infuriating tactic of going from in an ok position on the right to trapped back by our own left corner flag is ridiculous.

Caught offside twice I think. Sort that out please Jaden. Not difficult when you're on the wing.

He looked poor first half but looked like he been told something at HT and looked better for what he played in the 2nd half, looked more confident and actually tried to take his man on

Would like to see the goals again to see if it really was a bad pass from Pau or he was half asleep

Edit - he's on his toes IMO, got to be better there 

Edited by villa4europe

Dortmund game doesn't mean anything in isolation, I didn't actually see it other than first twenty minutes, but if he was poor then so what, he was also very good against Bilbao, who finished fifth in La Liga and won the Copa Del Rey, and he's been good generally in pre-season, but none of it really means anything, pe-season is never an indication of how the actual season will go, I'm confused why people are reading so much into it this summer, I know it happens to a degree every year, but seems to tbe case to an unusual extent this time around

The only time to judge how good of a signing he is or how ready he is, will be once the season starts proper, and even then only when a decent amount of games have been played, and I think it should also be remembered that Rogers and how quickly he adapted to the Premier League is an anomaly, most Championship signings won't become as good as he has become fullstop, and those that do will normally take more time to do so, we shouldn't be expecting the same from Philogene, he can become a very good player for us and I'm sure he will, but we shouldn't let how quickly Rogers adapted distort expectations

Give the kid a chance ffs, the team as a whole were rubbish and never really gave him the ball in areas where he could attack the full back. The one time they did he picked out a lovely cross for Ramsey who was unlucky with his header. He will be a better option than Zaniolo and ia lot cheaper in terms of wages. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â