Jaden Philogene

Kingman

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Who cares if he plays better than him.

Well i do for one - because he is playing in the same position as diaby is and the expectation will be for him to get close to those numbers if he is 1st choice

45 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Sorry, what is this? 

I like the kid, I can see him doing well, but that release cause? 

Emery must think he’s the next Vinicius Jr, who I just found out has a €1billion release clause

Edited by Aston_Villan4

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Exactly why im concerned- we seem to have downgraded. I say seem because he could do better than diaby under emerys coaching. But diaby for me was a excellent player thats going to be harder to replace than alot more people realise

Oh I am absolutely convinced that player for player, Philogene and Onana is a downgrade on Diaby and Douglas Luiz. People are fooling themselves if they don’t think that. But the players we brought in as part of the DL deal and the ~£40m profit that can be reinvested are part of building a wider/deeper squad and the players coming in have a lot of potential upside long term. Definitely though I don’t think those are the moves we would make if money was no object - but it is.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well i do for one - because he is playing in the same position as diaby is and the expectation will be for him to get close to those numbers if he is 1st choice

Not arsed who scores.

I want Villa to win.

JP doesn't have to do a huge amount to match Diaby performances IMO.

We don't know where Philogene will play. Diaby was all over the place, usually getting in Bailey's way whenever they started together.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not arsed who scores.

I want Villa to win.

We don't know where Philogene will play. Diaby was all over the place, usually getting in Bailey's way whenever they started together.

If Philogene gets 6 goals and 8 assists in the PL he'll have done very well, and I'd be quite pleasantly surprised. I don't think he has it in him, but we'll see.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not arsed who scores.

I want Villa to win.

You really dont like diaby do you for some reason?

13 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Sorry, what is this? 

I like the kid, I can see him doing well, but that release cause? 

People still don’t understand what release clauses are. They’re not valuations of a player. 

A £100m release clause doesn’t mean that’s what we value him at, just as Vinicius Jr isn’t valued at a billion quid

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He's not playing in the same position as Diaby....

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not arsed who scores.

I want Villa to win.

I think it’s fair enough to judge performances over pure numbers (the Grealish impact), but Diaby still contributed heavily last season. If Philogene (or whoever replaces him) isn’t hitting 10 GAs, then it will likely be an issue when it comes to the fine margins involved at the top end of the table. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

He's not playing in the same position as Diaby....

JPB plays on tbe left predominately where diaby played. Yes he played behind ollie but he was used on the left for most of the season

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

JPB plays on tbe left predominately where diaby played. Yes he played behind ollie but he was used on the left for most of the season

I genuinely can't remember a single instance of him being on the left across the whole season. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

You really dont like diaby do you for some reason?

I'm fairly neutral on him.

I think selling him to Saudi for that price was clearly a great move and don't see how anyone could think it isn't.

Also don't remember him being on the left at all.

I remember him drifting right all the time when he should have been more central.

So with Rogers and Ramsey utilising the left spot. The possible signing of Felix or somebody else then Philogene will most likely be a bench player.

I agree that in terms of attacking threat and goals we have downgraded on last season unless we sign somebody. I also don't expect Watkins will have such a productive season. I hope he does but but I'm not expecting it. Rogers could be our x factor player though.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I think it’s fair enough to judge performances over pure numbers (the Grealish impact), but Diaby still contributed heavily last season. If Philogene (or whoever replaces him) isn’t hitting 10 GAs, then it will likely be an issue when it comes to the fine margins involved at the top end of the table. 

Wouldn't argue with that.

I think it's likely we don't get 4th with an overall similar level of performance next season. I see people lining up their targets for where they want to point when it doesn't happen which I'm not a fan of.

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm fairly neutral on him.

I think selling him to Saudi for that price was clearly a great move and don't see how anyone could think it isn't.

Also don't remember him being on the left at all.

I remember him drifting right all the time when he should have been more central.

I think its too early to say if it was a great move.  We will only know if it was end of season if we had a similar or poorer season.

Wasnt bailey on the right?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I think its too early to say if it was a great move.  We will only know if it was end of season if we had a similar or poorer season.

I'm not with you.

If Aston Villa have a 'worse' season. Say we finish 6th. It's down to us selling Diaby?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He was yes.

So was Diaby. Here's a fun heat map of his season 

Screenshot_20240729-0950502.thumb.jpg.8d0edb1324e599e36980d31ee4eb7bc2.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not arsed who scores.

I want Villa to win.

The 2nd is literally the quote from the conversation between you two that started the discussion where he operates on the pitch...

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm not with you.

If Aston Villa have a 'worse' season. Say we finish 6th. It's down to us selling Diaby?

He was yes.

So was Diaby. Here's a fun heat map of his season 

Screenshot_20240729-0950502.thumb.jpg.8d0edb1324e599e36980d31ee4eb7bc2.jpg

Not all but considering alot of our threats from midfield came from diaby luiz and bailey. 2/3 have gone so if we score less goals and finish lower than yes i would put that as major reason

Ideally Rodgers will be a 10 mostly this season (Felix depending mostly), that would leave Ramsey first choice on the left with Philogene as back up.

On the right Bailey should be first choice with Philogene as back up also. When McGinn or Tielemans play more advanced too will be an extra complication. So many options. Last season we were running players into the ground or having no option but playing Cash right wing. That won't happen. This season but keeping everyone happy with playing time will be difficult.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â