Jaden Philogene

Kingman

19 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

We felt like in our Villa household. 

But, a season playing against the cloggers in The Championship will have done him the world of good. 

I think it was the making of Jack and hopefully the same for Jaden, just as long as the story don't repeat itself, eh 🙄

Ironic that there’s a 100m release clause too 😅

just say’n lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

We felt like in our Villa household. 

But, a season playing against the cloggers in The Championship will have done him the world of good. 

I think it was the making of Jack and hopefully the same for Jaden, just as long as the story don't repeat itself, eh 🙄

Let’s all just try to remember that a few games into our first PL season back, plenty on here were saying Grealish wasn’t PL quality and couldn’t make the step up. Hope we give the kid a little time before people start on that even if he doesn’t score a hattrick opening day!

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Let’s all just try to remember that a few games into our first PL season back, plenty on here were saying Grealish wasn’t PL quality and couldn’t make the step up. Hope we give the kid a little time before people start on that even if he doesn’t score a hattrick opening day!

I don't think he will need time I think once he gets his chance he stays in the 1st 11,  believe this lad is going to be box office 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomC said:

Five year contract? £100m release clause? If we rated him this highly, why'd we let him leave in the first place?

It was all part of the plan 🤥. At least the buyback was there to ensure we could get him back. 

Edited by villa89

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

✨PSR✨

I understand the PSR part of it. However, I can't help the feeling that, if we don't qualify for the CL again this year, we're going to have a PSR cliff next year. And if he was that valuable, you would think they would have sold someone else to keep him.

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

He wanted to leave. We gave him an opportunity to play at a high level for a season to see what he was capable of. If he impressed then he’d be brought back, if he didn’t, then at least we sold for £5m. He didn’t want to not play for a season and I doubt Emery could have guaranteed him playing time before he left initially. 

Can you guarantee him playing time now? You look at how big the squad is and players like Buendia or Tielemans might not even make the bench some matches.

I don't want to doubt the transfer. I'm admittedly blind about this one...I saw very little of him for Villa last time he was here and I've seen zero of him since he left, so I'm not in any position to say "good decision" or "bad decision." I just don't understand how he went from £5m transfer fee to five year contract and £100m buyout after one year in the lower divisions. 

2 minutes ago, TomC said:

I understand the PSR part of it. However, I can't help the feeling that, if we don't qualify for the CL again this year, we're going to have a PSR cliff next year. And if he was that valuable, you would think they would have sold someone else to keep him.

Can you guarantee him playing time now? You look at how big the squad is and players like Buendia or Tielemans might not even make the bench some matches.

I don't want to doubt the transfer. I'm admittedly blind about this one...I saw very little of him for Villa last time he was here and I've seen zero of him since he left, so I'm not in any position to say "good decision" or "bad decision." I just don't understand how he went from £5m transfer fee to five year contract and £100m buyout after one year in the lower divisions. 

PSR issues next year would be covered by selling JJ 

JP is here to stay unless someone triggers his release clause 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

12 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

PSR issues next year would be covered by selling JJ 

JP is here to stay unless someone triggers his release clause 

PSR issues next year will be covered by winning the Champions League...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I think it was the making of Jack and hopefully the same for Jaden, just as long as the story don't repeat itself, eh. 

For £100M, I'd be happy if it does. That's the way to run a successful football club. 

Much as I may admire individual players, Aston Villa comes first. 

It's his work off the ball that needs to looked at before he plays for the first team. He has undoubted skills going forward with the ball at his feet but when he chooses to risk possession to create and what does he do when the oppositions full back pushes forward are the biggest doubts on him for me. He's a work in progress until he proves he can be decent in all aspects of the game.

I watched him a few time for Hull, complete matches, and he did disappear in games when he never had the ball at his feet. Emery will look to try and improve this part of his game but I see an impact sub when we are chasing a goal and if this doesn't work out a loan move at Xmas.

I have full confidence he will do well this term. , Wingers/ Attacking Midfeiders that does well in the championship tends to do well in Premier league, like Watkin, Bowen, Olise, Eze etc

Furthermore he don’t need time to settle like Diaby, Bailey etc & also knows how Emery want to play after last year pre-season with Emery. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â