Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Welcome back! I think we're going to see a lot of Bailey<->Philogene substitutions and rotations this season. We definitely needed another option here, esp if Diaby is going. Bailey is great but not someone who can play at that level for 90 mins twice a week

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Welcome back, Jaden. 

I wonder why Jaden is getting the full 'new transfer' treatment, but Archer didn't? Is there something different in the deals?

Because Jaden is staying.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I wonder why Jaden is getting the full 'new transfer' treatment, but Archer didn't? Is there something different in the deals?

I guess because we chose to sign Philogene whereas Archer was merely 'returned' to us. For what it's worth, I don't think Archer will be staying.

It's great that Jaden is though - welcome back!

He's going to be a whole lot of fun to watch this season - I think we'll see him a fair bit in the Diaby position where he can concentrate on causing havoc.

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Lots of mentions over playing time in this article. 

Yeah, sounds like he's well aware that game time isn't a gift. Which makes his decision to leave even more impressive.

He'd have been told the same thing last time I imagine, but felt he needed more minutes to develop and prove himself.  Now he feels the next step is doing it at a massive club. And he's ready for the challenge. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Gone about it in a weird way but I'm glad he's back all the same. Was gutted he left in the first place as whenever I'd seen him he looked the most "ready" of all the academy products, but a full season tearing up the Championship behind him won't have done him any harm.

There'll be a lot of games this season so I'm sure he'll get the chance to play that he wasn't expecting last year. Can see him initially being used as an impact player in the league and having similar success that Bailey had as fast, good 1v1 players coming on against tired defences can be a real game-changer for teams.

Just now, Osirus said:

Sky sports reporting a fee ‘in the region of £20M’, they really haven’t got a clue 🤡

Sky always seem to inflate our prices more than any other outlet. 

it’s a bit odd 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â