Jaden Philogene

Kingman

2 hours ago, osmark86 said:

So happy we will finally see him in action in the prem. I think he will surprise a lot of people and prove to be a fantastic player. 

I think there will be a lot of surprises....I think the overlooked Lewis Dobbin might surprise a few too, along with Jaden.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

Glad he’s back - excited to see him at work.

However, not sure the deal was the best considering we didn’t want him to leave in the first place. . . Sold for 5m, bought back for 13m. We’ve paid Hull 8m to have him for a year - could we just not have loaned him? 

Said this elsewhere but it's worth saying again.

I think a deal like this in isolation looks bad because we've lost money. But you have to consider it as part of an overall strategy.

We've started doing this with a lot of younger players when we sell them. If we do the same thing with 10 players then we make 50m from selling them, but lose 8m on the one we happen to end up wanting back.

Overall we're up

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VillaBrum said:

I'm of an age that I don't understand the modern speak on Social Network. What does his Side-eye emoji to Iling Jnr mean?

Either 'i wanna do the nasty with you' or 'i'm gonna stab you when you turn your back'.  One or the other but probably not both at the same time.  

42 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Either 'i wanna do the nasty with you' or 'i'm gonna stab you when you turn your back'.  One or the other but probably not both at the same time.  

Is that of any relevance to Iling Jnr joining us? (I'm still an 'Old fuddy duddy'!)

I said it last summer that Philogene was ready for the Premier league. He played the championship last season like a video game. He will get plenty of games because he is perfect for this team. 

Direct and pacy - Check

Hardworking - Check

Presses well - Check

Protects his fullback well - Check

Know when to play it safe - Check

My only minor criticism is that his finishing is a bit hit and miss and needs work. But he picks up good positions in the Box.

Bailey and Ramsey need to stay fit and in form otherwise this guy will take their spot. His is the rotation option for those two. 

• Like 1

Can’t wait to see Jaden in action under Unai’s tutelage. I have a feeling he’ll create the moments of magic that Gerrard could only dream of. 

He reminds me of a cross between Grealish and Bertie T.

Sublime and at times ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

So am I reading it correctly….Hull have sour grapes with us over matching when we said we wouldn’t? 

Don't think so, the matching would be completely irrelevant to them tbh.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Don't think so, the matching would be completely irrelevant to them tbh.

Ok copy. Just that they’d be impacted financially a bit? 

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Ok copy. Just that they’d be impacted financially a bit? 

They weren't impacted financially at all, if we didn't sign him, we would still get 30% of it, when we signed him we just reduced the fee by 30%, so it all balances out.

On consideration though, maybe they would have put a percentage sell on if they sold him to another team.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â