Jaden Philogene

Kingman

39 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

This is the philogene thread not onana

Thank you 😃.  My Biden impressions aside, also very happy to see JPB back at the club too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, duke313 said:

Rogers I think will play in the 10, and Iling-Jr I can see being either wing but wouldn't be surprised if he's Bailey's understudy as he's left footed.

Misread that ignore.

Edited by zab6359

Glad he’s back - excited to see him at work.

However, not sure the deal was the best considering we didn’t want him to leave in the first place. . . Sold for 5m, bought back for 13m. We’ve paid Hull 8m to have him for a year - could we just not have loaned him? 

2 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

However, not sure the deal was the best considering we didn’t want him to leave in the first place. . . Sold for 5m, bought back for 13m. We’ve paid Hull 8m to have him for a year - could we just not have loaned him? 

Don’t work that way with FFP and amortisation brah

18 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Don’t work that way with FFP and amortisation brah

Exactly FFP & PSR is nothing to do with making actual money 

His highlights from the last year at Hull remind me so much of Mahrez in his Leicester days.

The sudden drop of the shoulder that bamboozles multiple defenders, his surprising strength to hold players off and the end product to go with it. Can't wait to see him in action. 

• Like 2

So happy we will finally see him in action in the prem. I think he will surprise a lot of people and prove to be a fantastic player. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

I believe he only had a year left on his contract when he was sold and wasn't signing a new one if he wouldn't get game time so a loan wouldn't make sense for us as he would have just left on a free at the end of it.

Just now, striker said:

Going to be a great signing who will definitely surprise many on here.

I agree, I hope he'll do well, he'll definitely be great to watch.

In what way do you think he'll be a surprise?

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I agree, I hope he'll do well, he'll definitely be great to watch.

In what way do you think he'll be a surprise?

How good he actually is. I’ve heard and read the rumours on why he was sold but I feel and stated at the time it was the wrong decision to sell him after his performances pre-season in America.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

How good he actually is. I’ve heard and read the rumours on why he was sold but I feel and stated at the time it was the wrong decision to sell him after his performances pre-season in America.

We sold him becuase he wanted to go and get first team football, emery wanted to keep him, but he also agreed to let him go for that first team football he wanted.

I also think he only had a year left on his contact at that point, so we were at risk of losing him for nothing the following summer.

I would think that this time round, emery was willing to offer him a good amount of game time, as long as he performs etc.

He is also guaranteed to be part of the CL squad due to his homegrown status.

• Like 1

I imagine the goal was always to re-sign him and we just waited for a bid to come in from others to match it and lower it with the sell-on clause. He wanted first team games and we banked some profit for that year. It worked out for both. We’ve now got a more experienced player for a tiny cost. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree with this. Thought he was very good last pre-season. Imagine he would have got some minutes but can't blame him for wanting to go and be first choice somewhere else

• Like 1

I still see some of the same old tired views of "where will he play" 

We are a squad now, with a mandate to challenge in  4 major competitions.....that could include a huge number of games, in a highly competitive environment.

We all saw last season how we limped over the line, with our unfair share of long term injuries....I also think our aggression in those games, had to be managed, to keep the wheels on the wagon.

Jaden is here to play, I have no doubts about that, and the other players in his position will be given the necessary rest time, they should have had last season.

If we want players to play at their peak, they must be rested from time to time....and Jaden is  a very good signing to help us with that.

We have to keep reminding ourselves, squad not team........If we want the team to move on, we need to move on in our thinking, too.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, nnock1984 said:

That 12 months was invaluable....teams were willing to pay £ 18 mill and our prudency, has resulted in a 30% discount.

We sent out a colt and brought back a stallion.

I don't know the rationale for the low selling price, maybe as its suggests, he was young and raw.....his season at Hull represents his increased value.

The odds have increased, that the potential is being realised, and Jaden can join the group to improve even more.

really pleased with this move.

PS that Rabona was outrageous, not just for the execution, but the sheer audacity too.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â