Jaden Philogene

Kingman

33 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m well pleased he’s coming back. He’s got some real magic in them there feet, does things Grealish can’t do at times. I can see him getting a lot of game time across the season. Good decision to get him back to Villa. 

Yes, he should get game time. Initially I thought we will just loan him out and then sell again, but seeing that Diaby might potentially leave I changed my mind. Excited to see him in the preseason again.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You can this one for free lads.

Philogene. AVFC POTS 24/25. 

10 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Philogene- Watkins- Bailey 

Our Williams-Morata and Yamal

No pressure Jaden…

• Haha 2

Can he play on the right at all?

If he's purely just left sided then there is just so much competition there, Ramsey, Rogers, Iling-Jr given we have three pure LBs in the squad. Buendia can drift in from that side aswell.

With the right it's pretty much Bailey who we know will pick up injuries and in other games be better as impact sub and then Diaby so there's certainly more opportunity.

Not sure this is a great move for his career considering how well he did at Hull and he'd have been a good pick up for a Palace or Fulham type team.

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Can he play on the right at all?

If he's purely just left sided then there is just so much competition there, Ramsey, Rogers, Iling-Jr given we have three pure LBs in the squad. Buendia can drift in from that side aswell.

With the right it's pretty much Bailey who we know will pick up injuries and in other games be better as impact sub and then Diaby so there's certainly more opportunity.

Not sure this is a great move for his career considering how well he did at Hull and he'd have been a good pick up for a Palace or Fulham type team.

Rogers I think will play in the 10, and Iling-Jr I can see being either wing but wouldn't be surprised if he's Bailey's understudy as he's left footed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Rogers I think will play in the 10, and Iling-Jr I can see being either wing but wouldn't be surprised if he's Bailey's understudy as he's left footed.

I think Rogers and Ramsey will compete for that inside left/centre mid position with Maatsen on the outside of them down the wing - I can see JPB getting time as the number ten off Watkins - in that position he's got the freedom to make things happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Rogers and Ramsey will compete for that inside left/centre mid position with Maatsen on the outside of them down the wing - I can see JPB getting time as the number ten off Watkins - in that position he's got the freedom to make things happen.

Possibly, it's good to have these players that can play multiple positions.

• Like 1

On 29/06/2024 at 12:31, Tayls said:

Not going to pretend I know anything about him or the other coaches mentioned for the post - this chap may well prove to be excellent for us and be exactly what we need to go up to the next level… but… there is something in my mind that prefers us to have a female coach for the women’s team. More women coaches should be getting the opportunities to coach at the top level of the women’s game.  

On 10/07/2024 at 23:07, mjmooney said:

I'll tell you somebody who can be quietly proud tonight: 

Dean Smith. 

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Philogene- Watkins- Bailey 

Our Williams-Morata and Yamal

Could Rogers  also be our Dani Olmo 

• Like 1

Welcome back Jaden!

The club (Unai & Monchi), obviously rate him otherwise it would have been very easy to pocket the sell-on money.

The lad obviously has talent, as we saw glimpses in his latter days at the Villa and his form in the Championship last season. The challenge now will be to continue his development and also give him enough game time to keep him happy. He must have bought in to this plan otherwise he would have opted for one of the other suitors.

Good Luck Jaden 

1 hour ago, Withnail said:

Not wanting to blow this out of proportion but his return smells pretty sweet to me. Definitely a future Balloon Dior winner. 

• Like 1

I see him as straight competition for Bailey on the right wing. Much needed as we were incredible over reliant on Bailey for much of last season without a decent alternative to the point where he played injured for a while. JPB should spread the work load. Can’t see him on the left as we have so much competition on that side already.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â