Jaden Philogene

Kingman

4 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I've thought for a long time that JPB is a special player with a huge future, and I'm delighted it's looking like it may be at Villa. Didn't see this one finalising, so what a cool surprise. JPB plays an electrifying brand of football, too, and will always always always bring energy and trickery to the pitch. One-on-one, he's explosive in a compact package -- a grenade. With some time to be thoroughly Unaified, I think he'll be playing for England one day on the main squad, I really do.

Some of the techniques is unbelievable. It’s not only doing some moves but using them in different circumstances while also some end product. Many of it came from the right side as well. Really excited to say what he can do. Could be the next Eze/Olise/Bowen.

• Like 1

It's always been fairly clear that we didn't want to sell him.
I wonder if the fact that we did, to a club who would help him develop, for a relatively low fee but with clauses means he comes back a very happy player? It was also reported that we would respect his wishes if he didn't want to re-sign.

I suspect some fans forget the human aspect of footballers, and we seem to treat our players very well now. 

Players want to play for Unai, and they want to play for this club. This has often not been the case over recent years. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I knew this kid was a baller when I saw his assist for Archer's 3rd against Barrow (remember that game?). Shades of Grealish the way he threaded that ball between 4 dumbfounded defenders, perfectly intl Archer's path. You just can't teach that.

The way he played last season for Hull was very Grealishesque, he has brought strength into his game now which is what was needed from 2 or 3 years ago.

24 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

He’s travelled all the way from Hull to England. 

Was in Turkey I believe for Hull's pre-season 

On 13/07/2024 at 15:28, AndyM3000 said:

He left to get minutes and he's not getting many here. Diaby might leave which opens up more space on the right but the majority of his games where he's actually started to improve and get returns are on the left side.

8ddbfaa5695fcf518d0c1c1d4daa1d79.png

Is he getting in ahead of Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia on the LM spot? Right side and up with Watkins we have McGinn, Diaby, Bailey, Tielemans and Buendia can play here.

Maybe we are planning more sales than I realise but we had more games last season, with a weaker squad and he was let go. We now have a more competitive squad with higher standards and now there's minutes available? Not adding up for me.

We are just heavily stacked in these spots, if I list an 11 below and bench, is he getting on it? Duran will go and likely be replaced, Diaby might go.

Martinez
Konsa Carlos Pau Maatsen
Bailey Onana Tielemans Ramsey
McGinn Watkins

Gauci
Mings
Cash
Illing Junior
Enzo
Rogers
Buendia
Diaby
Duran

Kamara, Barkley, Nedeljkovic, Moreno, Digne, Dobbin, Bidace?

These numbers are very misleading. He had practically identical stats in the championship on either side prior to this season. 

And this season he was 0.5 GCs per game on the right, and 0.59 on the Left. He just played 12 more games on the left. It's probably a matter of small sample. 

11 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I've thought for a long time that JPB is a special player with a huge future, and I'm delighted it's looking like it may be at Villa. Didn't see this one finalising, so what a cool surprise. JPB plays an electrifying brand of football, too, and will always always always bring energy and trickery to the pitch. One-on-one, he's explosive in a compact package -- a grenade. With some time to be thoroughly Unaified, I think he'll be playing for England one day on the main squad, I really do.

This kid’s in the England squad by next May.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Cages of south London, like Eze and Sancho?

Seriously tho! Look at how these kids play and look back at Jaden and Olise or Eze -- it's almost the same. It's like the ball is velcroed to their feet. 😂

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Seriously tho! Look at how these kids play and look back at Jaden and Olise or Eze -- it's almost the same. It's like the ball is velcroed to their feet. 😂

Ah, reminds me of this at 4:00 minutes in

• Haha 3

I’m well pleased he’s coming back. He’s got some real magic in them there feet, does things Grealish can’t do at times. I can see him getting a lot of game time across the season. Good decision to get him back to Villa. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â