Jaden Philogene

Kingman

He left to get minutes and he's not getting many here. Diaby might leave which opens up more space on the right but the majority of his games where he's actually started to improve and get returns are on the left side.

8ddbfaa5695fcf518d0c1c1d4daa1d79.png

Is he getting in ahead of Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia on the LM spot? Right side and up with Watkins we have McGinn, Diaby, Bailey, Tielemans and Buendia can play here.

Maybe we are planning more sales than I realise but we had more games last season, with a weaker squad and he was let go. We now have a more competitive squad with higher standards and now there's minutes available? Not adding up for me.

We are just heavily stacked in these spots, if I list an 11 below and bench, is he getting on it? Duran will go and likely be replaced, Diaby might go.

Martinez
Konsa Carlos Pau Maatsen
Bailey Onana Tielemans Ramsey
McGinn Watkins

Gauci
Mings
Cash
Illing Junior
Enzo
Rogers
Buendia
Diaby
Duran

Kamara, Barkley, Nedeljkovic, Moreno, Digne, Dobbin, Bidace?

Edited by AndyM3000

6 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

By the looks of it we’ll be playing with 6 wingers next season. A bold move, but I trust Emery.

Last season we finished with barely any fit players. Our squad is so big now, we'll need a bigger dressing room!

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

We've got about 12 players that can play on that left side of midfield. I like him but he won't get game time here, I don't understand what the plan is.

Not let a 50m player go elsewhere 

44 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

These stats contain games/minutes for U18 and U23, which I don't think are especially relevant or useful.

For Hull, he played 21 times on the left side (either as a winger or wide mid) and got 13 goal/assists. He played 11 times on the right and got 5 goals/assists. 

This would suggest that he's comfortable on either flank. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyM3000 said:

We've got about 12 players that can play on that left side of midfield. I like him but he won't get game time here, I don't understand what the plan is.

I don’t think he signs for us if he’s not getting assurances of game time, that was the reason he left 12 months ago. 

Unai played him in sort of a RWB role in pre season last year IIRC and he did well there. Maybe it was more right midfield though I can't fully remember. He was definitely a bit deeper though. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

He left to get minutes and he's not getting many here. Diaby might leave which opens up more space on the right but the majority of his games where he's actually started to improve and get returns are on the left side.

Is he getting in ahead of Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia on the LM spot? Right side and up with Watkins we have McGinn, Diaby, Bailey, Tielemans and Buendia can play here.

Maybe we are planning more sales than I realise but we had more games last season, with a weaker squad and he was let go. We now have a more competitive squad with higher standards and now there's minutes available? Not adding up for me.

We are just heavily stacked in these spots, if I list an 11 below and bench, is he getting on it? Duran will go and likely be replaced, Diaby might go.

Martinez
Konsa Carlos Pau Maatsen
Bailey Onana Tielemans Ramsey
McGinn Watkins

Gauci
Mings
Cash
Illing Junior
Enzo
Rogers
Buendia
Diaby
Duran

Kamara, Barkley, Nedeljkovic, Moreno, Digne, Dobbin, Bidace?

If he’s as good as people who watch the championship say he is then I don’t see why he can’t be playing regularly on the left for us. 

Buendia has been out for a year, Rogers looks excellent but can be used centrally as well, and Ramsey has been injured and isn’t actually that good

We really really struggled for quality on the left last season. We needed to strengthen 

Edited by Stevo985

6 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

We have a minimum of 48 games next season. Plenty of game time available.   

I can see him getting 15-20 appearances, including as a sub. Let's hope he can adjust to the PL within a few months.

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

We really really struggled for quality on the left last season. We needed to strengthen 

I think we missed Ramsey, but Rogers was a revelation and I thought Digne had a really good season too. With Maatsen and Illing-Junior added to the mix, I think our left side is both strong and has great depth. I think we'll see JPB play off Watkins in a free role or from the right more than from the left.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I've thought for a long time that JPB is a special player with a huge future, and I'm delighted it's looking like it may be at Villa. Didn't see this one finalising, so what a cool surprise. JPB plays an electrifying brand of football, too, and will always always always bring energy and trickery to the pitch. One-on-one, he's explosive in a compact package -- a grenade. With some time to be thoroughly Unaified, I think he'll be playing for England one day on the main squad, I really do.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I've thought for a long time that JPB is a special player with a huge future, and I'm delighted it's looking like it may be at Villa. Didn't see this one finalising, so what a cool surprise. JPB plays an electrifying brand of football, too, and will always always always bring energy and trickery to the pitch. One-on-one, he's explosive in a compact package -- a grenade. With some time to be thoroughly Unaified, I think he'll be playing for England one day on the main squad, I really do.

Looks absolute class in this. 

I’ll be interested to see how he fits into the XI. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Looks absolute class in this. 

I’ll be interested to see how he fits into the XI. 

He seems to have picked up "Samba-style" football somewhere -- flair and dancing around in duels and fluidity. I don't think of it as a very English style, but somehow he has it.

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

He seems to have picked up "Samba-style" football somewhere -- flair and dancing around in duels and fluidity. I don't think of it as a very English style, but somehow he has it.

Cages of south London, like Eze and Sancho?

• Like 1

I knew this kid was a baller when I saw his assist for Archer's 3rd against Barrow (remember that game?). Shades of Grealish the way he threaded that ball between 4 dumbfounded defenders, perfectly intl Archer's path. You just can't teach that.

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Might sound crazy but this might be our best signing of the summer. 

I think he's got the potential to be really special. 

I was disappointed he got loaned out to Hull. Thought he was on course for first team for several seasons

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Might sound crazy but this might be our best signing of the summer. 

I think he's got the potential to be really special. 

#betterthanbailey

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â