Jaden Philogene

Kingman

first of all I'm glad he's coming back.  he looked a player before the loan and has shown he's got it.   however all those saying he's costing us £13m instead of £18m are wrong.  he's costing us £18m because because if someone else buys him we'd have got the £5m on our books.  we're not if we're signing him.  that said I think he's worth it and look forward to see him in claret and blue again

• Like 1

I don't get all the questioning of losing money on this particular transfer odyssey, that's how buybacks work, some talk as if we released him on a free and now buying him back for a big fee; the buyback is usually for a higher price than the original sale, that' the whole point of them, otherwise the buying club wouldn't agree to it, the point is the selling club will only activate the buyback if the player has truely excelled and become a much better player than they were at the time of the sale, which is what has happened with Philogene, his rendevouz avec Hull, might have cost us £8m or whatever, but also his value whilst being at Hull has increased by more than £8m, so in terms of an asset we're now richer, if he's available for £13m we would be crazy not to bring him back, as he's worth way more, and even if he's just half decent at an higher level his value will increase more still. If he went to Ipswich or Crystal Palace from Hul and become a £30m player, critical voices would be bemoaning us for not buying him for £13m when we had the chance. Also of course in an ideal scenario we would have just loaned him to Hull, but we needed the money for PSR, and the club has a theory as explained by Jacob Tanswell, that by selling these youngsters with a buyback, it gives the buying club much more incentive to invest in the players development than would be the case if they just had the player on loan, if we'd have loaned him only, he might not have developed to the same degree, and I think a sale with a buyback also encourages the player to try and do better

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

first of all I'm glad he's coming back.  he looked a player before the loan and has shown he's got it.   however all those saying he's costing us £13m instead of £18m are wrong.  he's costing us £18m because because if someone else buys him we'd have got the £5m on our books.  we're not if we're signing him.  that said I think he's worth it and look forward to see him in claret and blue again

i get that, but we got the £5m last summer when they took him, so we have had it in theory............... i

We get a very good player who is brilliant to watch, an edge-of-your-seat box of tricks with fantastic ability - I'm very happy to see him back.

The shake up goes on - I must admit, I didn't think at the end of the season when we qualified for the Champions League that we'd be changing that side up quite so much - it's a hell of a summer!

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

We get a very good player who is brilliant to watch, an edge-of-your-seat box of tricks with fantastic ability - I'm very happy to see him back.

The shake up goes on - I must admit, I didn't think at the end of the season when we qualified for the Champions League that we'd be changing that side up quite so much - it's a hell of a summer!

One thing to remember with Philogene is his pressing and defensive ability is one of his biggest assets. 

We seems to have signed quite a few wingers and players with physical profile (ie bigger lads). We also seem to have signed a lot of players who carry the ball forward (Barkley in particular excellent at this). 

I am looking forward to what Emery is cooking, what our next tactical evolution will be. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

One thing to remember with Philogene is his pressing and defensive ability is one of his biggest assets. 

We seems to have signed quite a few wingers and players with physical profile (ie bigger lads). We also seem to have signed a lot of players who carry the ball forward (Barkley in particular excellent at this). 

I am looking forward to what Emery is cooking, what our next tactical evolution will be. 

By the looks of it we’ll be playing with 6 wingers next season. A bold move, but I trust Emery.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

I don't get all the questioning of losing money on this particular transfer odyssey, that's how buybacks work, some talk as if we released him on a free and now buying him back for a big fee; the buyback is usually for a higher price than the original sale, that' the whole point of them, otherwise the buying club wouldn't agree to it, the point is the selling club will only activate the buyback if the player has truely excelled and become a much better player than they were at the time of the sale, which is what has happened with Philogene, his rendevouz avec Hull, might have cost us £8m or whatever, but also his value whilst being at Hull has increased by more than £8m, so in terms of an asset we're now richer, if he's available for £13m we would be crazy not to bring him back, as he's worth way more, and even if he's just half decent at an higher level his value will increase more still. If he went to Ipswich or Crystal Palace from Hul and become a £30m player, critical voices would be bemoaning us for not buying him for £13m when we had the chance. Also of course in an ideal scenario we would have just loaned him to Hull, but we needed the money for PSR, and the club has a theory as explained by Jacob Tanswell, that by selling these youngsters with a buyback, it gives the buying club much more incentive to invest in the players development than would be the case if they just had the player on loan, if we'd have loaned him only, he might not have developed to the same degree, and I think a sale with a buyback also encourages the player to try and do better

Good post, but even better if you imagine Morgan Freeman is narrating it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I like the lad, left villa because he wanted to play football, now he's rejoining he doesn't just want promises he wants actual contract clauses about him playing football

Fair play to him, more should be like him 

Yeah on one hand it’s definitely admirable, on the other hand I’m not overly keen on us being held over a barrel on appearances in this way. 

2 hours ago, useless said:

We didn’t trigger any buy back clause as it was only applicable if Hull got promoted, which of course they didn’t.

We had a clause to match any accepted bid. Which we triggered when Hull accepted Ipswich’s offer, they had to accept ours as well.

49 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Given the Onana deal. Im predicting Philogene to now go to Everton on loan for the season.

Not a chance in hell 

1 hour ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Given the Onana deal. Im predicting Philogene to now go to Everton on loan for the season.

Against the rules I believe 

• Like 1

Notable that Palace were interested as they've made some very astute and potentially hugely profitable signings from the championship in Olise, Eze and Wharton.  Seems they saw Jaden as being of similar potential.

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

We've got about 12 players that can play on that left side of midfield. I like him but he won't get game time here, I don't understand what the plan is.

The plan is probably to play him on the right mate.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

We've got about 12 players that can play on that left side of midfield. I like him but he won't get game time here, I don't understand what the plan is.

We have a minimum of 48 games next season. Plenty of game time available.   

7 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The plan is probably to play him on the right mate.

Where he played pre-season in America and was excellent.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

He plays right as well, if Diaby left he’d be one of the first names to feature from the bench. He’ll also start in certain games. I didn’t understand it before reports of Diaby leaving, but I guess the board thinks that his value will increase and don’t want to miss the fact the we had a clause to get him back on a good terms.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â