Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Yes, highlights reels can be misleading.  But I would be expecting a lot more than £18m as the selling club based on Jaden’s goals and assists this season.  Not only the numbers but the manner of them.  I think we win here.

50 minutes ago, Supervillan78 said:

Cool, I guess he’s technically Zaniolo’s replacement? 

If I had to choose between the two it would absolutely be Philogene . A real bums off seat kinda player. Delighted to have him back 

• Like 1

Happy about this one. Was mega impressed with him last season. Apparently Unai didn't exactly want to let him go but he wanted guaranteed playtime (which I can respect) so he moved elsewhere. I'm guessing Unai as guaranteed him more playtime this season which is exciting. 

1 hour ago, jamodillo said:

My only problem with the deal is the fact that we basically paid Hull £8 mill to have him on loan for a year. Bit mental financially.

Think of it as a development fee! 

5 hours ago, useless said:

What some don't seem to be hip to is that his profile is now way higher than it was last summer, he just had a pretty good loan at Cardiff, and did okay in pre-season, but there's a reason the best move he could get was to Hull in the Championship and he only cost them £5m, he wasn't the player then that he has become over the season just gone, if we buy him back for £13m, and bearing in mind Hull already gave us £5m, so will have only cost us £8m, then it will have worked out very well for us, as we will be getting a player that is worth much more than that and has now become very sought after, some might say that we should have just loaned him, but we wouldn't have got the PSR benefits, and we don't know if he would have developed at Hull in the same way, as clubs will be much more invested in developing a player and giving them opportunities if they own that player

So we have effectively paid Hull £8m for borrowing our player for the season. 

Don't read good business to me? 

Yeah, we've paid them £8m to give our player 30-40 games of experience in the championship, with us having the option to just pocket £5m and the 30% sell on fee if he didn't turn out good enough for us.

In isolation it seems a bit strange (although not exactly a disaster), but in context I think it makes plenty of sense.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So we have effectively paid Hull £8m for borrowing our player for the season. 

Don't read good business to me? 

And in 18-24 months could easily be worth triple or more of that. The club sees a big future in him, £8m is nothing to help him get valuable game time.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

And in 18-24 months could easily be worth triple or more of that. The club sees a big future in him, £8m is nothing to help him get valuable game time.

It was an £8m gamble which the see as having paid off. 

If he went to Hull and was average, we pocket £5m. 

He's progressed massively and was one of the best players in a very demanding league. Therefore the £8m buy back is pittance in relation to his trajectory. Thanks Hull. 

• Like 2

Just now, Steero113 said:

It was an £8m gamble which the see as having paid off. 

If he went to Hull and was average, we pocket £5m. 

He's progressed massively and was one of the best players in a very demanding league. Therefore the £8m buy back is pittance in relation to his trajectory. Thanks Hull. 

Can't find a weird agenda 😅 so I'll just agree with this, 8m is nothing in the scheme of buying players that are ready to play for us.

• Sad 1

People who are upset that his return has cost 8m would be far more upset if we had sold him to Hull with no such clause and he was now their player... A player that is easily worth more than what we have outlayed...

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

People who are upset that his return has cost 8m would be far more upset if we had sold him to Hull with no such clause and he was now their player... A player that is easily worth more than what we have outlayed...

Or if he was purchased for £25m by Crystal Palace as their Olise replacement and absolutely tore the league up next season. The same lot would then be moaning why we hadn't bought him back for the full £18m even that Ipswich were offering.

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If Emery wants him back, I am excited to see his development next season.

And this, essentially, is all that matters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, burchy said:

Not sure he’s a replacement for Diaby as his stats seem to suggest he’s better on the left.

Could we get Soule and/or Bakayoko for the right?

IMG_2453.jpeg.6cef05f89363f6adc63430d3573046fd.jpeg

Worth pointing out he only played like 10 games on the right this season with a good return of 5 G+A in those 10. He played 22 on the left this year with 10 goals and 3 assists. So 0.5 G+A on the right, 0.6 on the left.

Before this season he basically had the same number of goals and assists in the championship from the left and the right in an equal amount of games. I feel it is far more likely that it's basically a sample size quirk where philogene was at his best so far this year and he played roughly twice as often on the left despite playing as well on the right. 

To put numbers on it. Before this year he had played 14 games on the left with 2 goals and 1 assist, and 15 games on the right with 2 goals and zero assists. So basically identical. 

Edited by MotoMkali

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â