Jaden Philogene

Kingman

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

£8.5m is hardly expensive for someone who's improved as much as Jaden. 

In 12 months he'll be a £40m player. 

Statistically he was the 3rd best player in the championship last season. We have seen similar performers like Bowen and Benrahma go for 20m+ so, I agree, it's a pretty decent deal.

Just now, jamodillo said:

My only problem with the deal is the fact that we basically paid Hull £8 mill to have him on loan for a year. Bit mental financially.

I think we had to sell him for PSR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamodillo said:

My only problem with the deal is the fact that we basically paid Hull £8 mill to have him on loan for a year. Bit mental financially.

He really stood out to me in pre-season as well

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jamodillo said:

We could easily get that 8 mil back if we sell him + a lot more 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Does he count as homegrown in CL?

I assume he would be since he came from the academy, but hope for some clarity when announced. 

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Does he count as homegrown in CL?

Think it’s that the player needs to train at the club for 3 years between the age of 15 and 21.

At least that’s what I work to in Football Manager so it has to be true.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jamodillo said:

It’s the wrong way to think about it imo. 

JPB was not an 18m player last season. By playing a full season in the championship, his value has risen far more than if he was playing for us last season. So while we may have paid 8m pounds to have him on loan at Hull, we can potentially recoup way more than that in the future if we were to sell.

From a financial point of view, I think it’s a genius move. From a football perspective, it’s amazing too because if he is the real deal, we will benefit immensely as well.

It was and is a low risk/ high reward move. 

Edited by Toronto Villan
  • Thanks 1

Not sure he’s a replacement for Diaby as his stats seem to suggest he’s better on the left.

Could we get Soule and/or Bakayoko for the right?

IMG_2453.jpeg.6cef05f89363f6adc63430d3573046fd.jpeg

Edited by burchy

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

Not sure he’s a replacement for Diaby as his stats seem to suggest he’s better on the left.

Could we get Soule and/or Bakayoko for the right?

IMG_2453.jpeg.6cef05f89363f6adc63430d3573046fd.jpeg

Emery seems to prefer his left footers play on the right. Philogene is right footed so left would make sense especially with Maatsen bombing forward. Roger’s I think moves behind Watkins.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Emery seems to prefer his left footers play on the right. Philogene is right footed so left would make sense especially with Maatsen bombing forward. Roger’s I think moves behind Watkins.

I agree. Rogers is suited as that second striker. I think Philogene and Ramsey battle it out on the left and stops the need for McGinn to shift over there. 

Maybe we see Iling Junior as a left back?

He played on the right in pre-season last year, and also not an insignificant amount of times there for Hull, so I think he's an option on that side just as much as he is the left. Nor would I say this proves anything about Diaby from the evidence we have, given he for the most part played as that second striker for Villa whereas Philogene to date has been more of an out-and-out wide player. The team generally lacked width last season - often by design - so I think he and Iling-Junior are coming in to possibly give more balance/options in that regard than just Bailey. It'll be interesting to see how we set-up this season because I suspect there'll be some changes, even if they're not huge.

Happy he's back all the same, the manner of it all has been messy to say the least but I was gutted he went in the first place as out of that crop of youth players he was the one that always impressed me the most.

Edited by Indigo

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â