Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

In fairness, Turkish media broke the story first 

Romano broke it days ago. He's the true ITK with our club. 

Edited by villarule123

7 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'm trying to work out how it's a £13m deal? 

We sold him for £5m, bought him back for £18m, so £13m profit for Hull which means we get a discount of £3.9m.   So that means we pay £18m - £3.9m = £14.1m

Which number have i got wrong that i get £14.1m net cost rather than £13m?

Presumably it's a sell-on-clause for the fee as a whole (£18m), rather than a sell-on-clause based on the profit (which would be £13m)

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Pleased with this but no idea where he’s going to play. 

Without Bailey he’s the first one to play after Bailey and Ramsey (depends on where Rogers play), you got Buendia as well for different approach. I think we’ll have more rotation this season. It clearly makes sense if Diaby is leaving.

46 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Various news outlets reported it - hence why he's not formally signed yet 

They were reporting that other clubs could increase there bids.

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As direct back up to Bailey, I would assume. Lots of noise of Diaby to Saudi, if rumoured fee is correct the club will probably be happy to move him on. I’d hope we bring in a proper number 10 playmaker / “second striker” to play down the middle, and then have Philogene and Bailey (and Iling Jr) as out-and-out wide options. Philogene is club home grown so bringing him back is a big benefit to our CL squad registration.

Edited by david-avfc

Next week headlines:

" In a totally unexpected twist of events, foreseen by no one, and in no way financial agility related, Jaden Philogene Bidace has signed for Crystal Palace in a deal worth up to 29 million pounds " 👀

• Haha 3

Just now, david-avfc said:

As direct back up to Bailey, I would assume. Lots of noise of Diaby to Saudi, if rumoured fee is correct the club will probably be happy to move him on. I’d hope we bring in a proper number 10 playmaker / “second striker” to play down the middle, and then have Philogene and Bailey (and ailing Jr) as out-and-out wide options. Philogene is club home grown so bringing him back is a big benefit to our CL squad registration.

It's bad that I forgot, but JPB is a right winger? Or can he play off both sides?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's bad that I forgot, but JPB is a right winger? Or can he play off both sides?

Mainly played left.

• Like 1

I can't wait to see him ripping it up for us. 

Should never have sold the kid but that year playing against cloggers in the Championship will have done him the world of good. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think he plays on either side, not sure if he was a preference of one over the other

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Let Unai worry about that 👏

• Like 1

Clearly the move was good for him and his value but has this move been poor business for us, buying a lad we had back for 8m? Surely loan last season would have made more sense. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Cmac said:

Clearly the move was good for him and his value but has this move been poor business for us, buying a lad we had back for 8m? 

£18m (with a sell-on fee being paid back to us of around £4m).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â