Jaden Philogene

Kingman

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

We sold Philogene for £5m and are buying him back for £13.5m a year later (matching £16m bid less 30% sell-on).   

Does that feel a little like Monchi didn't structure the sale very well? Either should have had a higher sale price or a better buyback clause? Of course i understand it's probably the best we could get at the time, but just seems a little rubbish from Villa's viewpoint.

£8.5m is hardly expensive for someone who's improved as much as Jaden. 

In 12 months he'll be a £40m player. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

We sold Philogene for £5m and are buying him back for £13.5m a year later (matching £16m bid less 30% sell-on).   

Does that feel a little like Monchi didn't structure the sale very well? Either should have had a higher sale price or a better buyback clause? Of course i understand it's probably the best we could get at the time, but just seems a little rubbish from Villa's viewpoint.

It’s all PSR accounting tricks. Better to bank the £ last financial year and then amortise out the return. It’s probably cost neutral from an accounting standpoint 

IF he's coming back, then it is because he is an excellent player, not sentimentality or obligation. I admire these deals for our younger players that protects the club and gives us first dibs, it's a win win for everyone involved. 

• Like 2

EXCLUSIVE | Jaden Philogene, who plays for Hull City, left the camp in Istanbul and went to England to undergo a medical check-up and sign an official contract with Aston Villa. The agreement between clubs has been completed!

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What some don't seem to be hip to is that his profile is now way higher than it was last summer, he just had a pretty good loan at Cardiff, and did okay in pre-season, but there's a reason the best move he could get was to Hull in the Championship and he only cost them £5m, he wasn't the player then that he has become over the season just gone, if we buy him back for £13m, and bearing in mind Hull already gave us £5m, so will have only cost us £8m, then it will have worked out very well for us, as we will be getting a player that is worth much more than that and has now become very sought after, some might say that we should have just loaned him, but we wouldn't have got the PSR benefits, and we don't know if he would have developed at Hull in the same way, as clubs will be much more invested in developing a player and giving them opportunities if they own that player

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Great. 

Iling-Jr.
Philogene
Rogers
Ramsey

Some quality, young wide players right there. 

English as well 💪

If emery works his magic and southgate is gone. Could see a number of villa players in the world cup squad 

I was excited to see him play for us last season, I'm definitely excited now he has a year of being the best Championship player under his belt. 

8 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I'm trying to work out how it's a £13m deal? 

We sold him for £5m, bought him back for £18m, so £13m profit for Hull which means we get a discount of £3.9m.   So that means we pay £18m - £3.9m = £14.1m

Which number have i got wrong that i get £14.1m net cost rather than £13m?

Edited by ender4

Anyone questioning the buy back needs to go watch the highlight reel from his year at hull. 

Then, for those not convinced by the eye tests, go check out his fbref stat comparison against other wingers.

This is going to be a great re-signing.

Just now, ender4 said:

We sold him for £5m, bought him back for £18m, so £13m profit for Hull which means we get a discount of £3.9m.   So that means we pay £18m - £3.9m = £14.1m

Which number have a got wrong that i get £14.1m rather than £13m?

We had matching right on the bid from Ipswich of £18m so that figure sans the 30% sell on clause we hold 

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Which number have a got wrong that i get £14.1m rather than £13m?

Guess he thinks we paid 17m for him.  I've seen 16 and 18 reported, so maybe he averaged the two 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â