Jaden Philogene

Kingman

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It was a difficult sell tbh. 3rd choice here or 1st choice in another prem club..

it makes sense that he wants to be to 1st choice 

He wouldn't be 3rd choice, but he would be behind Bailey and he's not player you want to be behind 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He wouldn't be 3rd choice, but he would be behind Bailey and he's not player you want to be behind 

Depends if diaby is going or not… right now, can Philogene count on that?

5 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Looks like it’s happening.

I was thinking the whole point of the clause was once we trigger it he becomes our player. His contract was already pre-agreed. Similar to Archer but different trigger.

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I was thinking the whole point of the clause was once we trigger it he becomes our player. His contract was already pre-agreed. Similar to Archer but different trigger.

The club granted him permission to speak to other parties 

1 minute ago, rodders129 said:

Think signing JPB and selling Diaby for £60m is a master stroke tbh. We can reinvest now at CM/DCM, RB and back up striker 

JPB with zero PL experience is not a replacement for Diaby. They play different positions. If Diaby leaves it'll be a Felix or someone who comes in to play 10/SS 

Just now, The_Steve said:

The club granted him permission to speak to other parties 

I miss the club statement on this? Doesn't seem like something Villa would publish 

Edited by CVByrne

Just now, CVByrne said:

I miss the club statement on this? Doesn't seem like something Villa would publish 

Various news outlets reported it - hence why he's not formally signed yet 

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

JPB with zero PL experience is not a replacement for Diaby. They play different positions. If Diaby leaves it'll be a Felix or someone who comes in to play 10/SS 

Won’t Bailey, Buendia and Rogers be enough to cover SS/10 role?

and the JPB to cover wide role Diaby sometimes did

Edited by rodders129
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Great. 

Iling-Jr.
Philogene
Rogers
Ramsey

Some quality, young wide players right there. 

Youth, pace, energy and directness out wide and in attack.

Paired with control, experience and physicality in the midfield…ooof 

We sold Philogene for £5m and are buying him back for £13.5m a year later (matching £16m bid less 30% sell-on).   

Does that feel a little like Monchi didn't structure the sale very well? Either should have had a higher sale price or a better buyback clause? Of course i understand it's probably the best we could get at the time, but just seems a little rubbish from Villa's viewpoint.

I get that signing potential from the Championship isn’t as sexy as some Brazilian or Portuguese player but it worked out ok with Watkins, Cash, Mings, Konsa and Rogers   

Just now, ender4 said:

We sold Philogene for £5m and are buying him back for £13.5m a year later (matching £16m bid less 30% sell-on).   

Does that feel a little like Monchi didn't structure the sale very well? Either should have had a higher sale price or a better buyback clause? Of course i understand it's probably the best we could get at the time, but just seems a little rubbish from Villa's viewpoint.

Personally, I don't think it means the sale wasn't structured very well - it just indicates he's had a very good season.

I'd be struggling to name many (if any) players who have left a club, performed well for one season and then been re-purchased for a lower price.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â