Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Is Diaby out, Jaden in, a like for like swap?

Yes, Diaby has played out wide, but wasn't he always supposed to be a SS? Surely JPB will be back up to Bailey at RW won't he?

Any sale of Diaby means we can reinvest those funds in an equal or better player at SS?

RW: Bailey/JPB

ACM/SS: Buendia/Diaby or new

LW: Ramsey/Rogers

CF: Watkins/Duran or new

With the right players that has the potential to be a strong front four, in whatever rotation.

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Depends how you look at it. 

If he's playing on the right, we have Bailey, Diaby, McGinn, Buendia and potentially Tielemans who can all play there - on the left, Rogers, Ramsey, Illing-Junior and Dobbin.

We've got a lot of players in those attacking midfield/wing/support forward roles - I think something will have to give.

Well Diaby and Buendia are the 10s playing with Watkins 

McGinn is a versatile player 10, CM, LM/RM 

Tielemans will be a CM mainly now Luiz has left 

Ramsey and Rogers are 10s off LM 

Wingers are Bailey, Philogene, Iling Junior and Dobbin. Two left footed and two right footed. 

Looks perfectly good to me. Especially as three of these players are you g and new to PL really and have to adapt and prove themselves 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Is Diaby out, Jaden in, a like for like swap?

Yes, Diaby has played out wide, but wasn't he always supposed to be a SS? Surely JPB will be back up to Bailey at RW won't he?

Any sale of Diaby means we can reinvest those funds in an equal or better player at SS?

RW: Bailey/JPB

ACM/SS: Buendia/Diaby or new

LW: Ramsey/Rogers

CF: Watkins/Duran or new

With the right players that has the potential to be a strong front four, in whatever rotation.

Not quite. 
the simplest answer is, Philogene is going to be added depth to the squad, that can be registered as “club trained”  So it’s not one in one out with this. 

but it does create a scenario where we can sell a wide player to replace with a player in another position 

Iling-Junior and Philogene are both very versatile, both can play on either wing, Philogene has played a number of times for Cardff and Hull as a number ten, I haven't seen him do so, but I saw an interview with Iling where he said he can play as a number ten and that along with out wide is his favorite position, he also played a few times in central midfield for Juventus last season, and they can both play as wingbacks, Philogene actually did very well doing so for Cardiff for a run of games when Lamouchi was first appointed

• Like 1

I think the question is how will we play - in general we've played with one support striker, sometimes supported by a right winger and then two wider midfielders in front of two holding midfielders.

Philogene is pretty flexible and I think he'd be second or third choice behind Diaby, competing with Buendia for the support spot and second choice to Bailey when we play with a winger on the right, I'm not sure he'd be suitable for playing as the wider midfielder (on either side) in the formation we play, there's a lot more work and responsibility in those spots and I don't see him as a McGinn/Ramsey type of player. He'd be second or third choice at right wing back at the moment if we were to change up and play that way, and he's probably fifth choice as a left wing back currently. 

He'll get minutes I'm sure, but unless we're selling someone, it's hard to see how he'd get starts - I think generally he'd be back up to Bailey on the right hand side when we play the RM/RW/FW combination on that side to support Watkins.

Illing-Junior, unless we're selling someone, might struggle to get onto the bench as things stand.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the question is how will we play - in general we've played with one support striker, sometimes supported by a right winger and then two wider midfielders in front of two holding midfielders.

Philogene is pretty flexible and I think he'd be second or third choice behind Diaby, competing with Buendia for the support spot and second choice to Bailey when we play with a winger on the right, I'm not sure he'd be suitable for playing as the wider midfielder (on either side) in the formation we play, there's a lot more work and responsibility in those spots and I don't see him as a McGinn/Ramsey type of player. He'd be second or third choice at right wing back at the moment if we were to change up and play that way, and he's probably fifth choice as a left wing back currently. 

He'll get minutes I'm sure, but unless we're selling someone, it's hard to see how he'd get starts - I think generally he'd be back up to Bailey on the right hand side when we play the RM/RW/FW combination on that side to support Watkins.

Illing-Junior, unless we're selling someone, might struggle to get onto the bench as things stand.

We will always have injuries. The odds of everyone being fit is slim IMO.

18 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

Good enough to start on the right for us? Ahead of Bailey? 

I'm sure we can offer him better wages than Ipswich, and a loan in a decent team.

Bailey can't play every CL, Prem and cup games. Jaden will get plenty of game time and you'll be surprised how good he already is.

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we'll play at times with wingers as in Left footed on left and right footed on Right. Then the full backs invert and attack half spaces so front 5 is

LW LB ST RB RW - this type of scenario. 

LW LB ST SS RW - this situation we've Konsa RB 

I think we'll see something along those lines. Additionally we'll see wing backs and a back 3 sometimes 

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Bailey can't play every CL, Prem and cup games. Jaden will get plenty of game time and you'll be surprised how good he already is.

I think sometimes we'll play Ramsey, McGinn, Diaby and Watkins - so no wingers - with the width on the left coming from Maatsen, and on the right with Diaby drifting wide. 

I'm not going to be at all surprised by how good he is, I think he's excellent - I just think that right now (in the middle of a process) we're overstocked there and I can't see why he'd want to come back to battle for a place when he could go elsewhere and play week in and week out.

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think sometimes we'll play Ramsey, McGinn, Diaby and Watkins - so no wingers - with the width on the left coming from Maatsen, and on the right with Diaby drifting wide. 

I'm not going to be at all surprised by how good he is, I think he's excellent - I just think that right now (in the middle of a process) we're overstocked there and I can't see why he'd want to come back to battle for a place when he could go elsewhere and play week in and week out.

I guess the question is do you want to go back "home" and play some games for a club in the CL, with potentially 60 odd games to play, and do you back yourself to make an impact when you inevitably do get a chance? Do you want to work for a manager who will almost certainly improve you. Seems like a confident lad so wouldn't surprise me. Similar situation for SIJr.

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I guess the question is do you want to go back "home" and play some games for a club in the CL, with potentially 60 odd games to play, and do you back yourself to make an impact when you inevitably do get a chance? Do you want to work for a manager who will almost certainly improve you. Seems like a confident lad so wouldn't surprise me.

And I get all that, but he answered 'no' and chose the Championship last time he was asked, and we've since added Rogers, Illing-Junior, Maatsen and Dobbin as competition. 

I think he's more than capable of forcing his way through given time - but I think if he's coming in, it's more likely that we'll be selling people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And I get all that, but he answered 'no' and chose the Championship last time he was asked, and we've since added Rogers, Illing-Junior, Maatsen and Dobbin as competition. 

I think he's more than capable of forcing his way through given time - but I think if he's coming in, it's more likely that we'll be selling people.

Answered no last time to prove himself the level below first, and agreed to a buy back clause that would see him return if we pay for him (we believe). He proved himself with aplomb and is now ready to step up. 

This time round he will have more confidence and be able to see a path to the first team. I don't think the players you've listed are direct competition necessarily. He will mainly be right wing (where we have Bailey and a Diaby that looks better in the middle anyway). The left side is stacked though so agree someone needs to leave if he's to get time there. 

It's quite possible if he isn't already compelled to return to us, and does need to be persuaded, we'll have given him a heads up on our plans if we really do need to convince him to join. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see why he'd want to come back to battle for a place when he could go elsewhere and play week in and week out

On the other hand on the Duran thread we have people *surprised* that he wants to go and play every week in a less competitive team rather than battle for a place.

I think the truth for Philogene is probably that to reach this level you have to back your own ability (to a slightly psycho level) so you’ll rarely hear a player think “I couldn’t get in that team.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

We also added Champions League, but yeah maybe some are leaving. I dont think they have to though, and it would be Dobbin out on loan rather than Diaby for instance.
And I go back to how we play next season as a significant factor. Maybe Maatsen competes with Illing Junior as much as Illing Junior competes with Rogers as much as Rogers competes with Watkins and so on.
I dont want to be in the position where we're looking at 2 keepers on the bench and children. We're in the big time now and we need a big squad that are fighting for even bench space.

• Like 1

Philogene returns to Villa.

He scored a goal that Puskas award could have won.

But the kid is not Maatsen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â