Jaden Philogene

Kingman

3 hours ago, Adman said:

If we sign him, I'm thinking Diaby is off

Fingers crossed.

One of them is ready for a brutal Champions League season. Not sure the other one is.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Fingers crossed.

One of them is ready for a brutal Champions League season. Not sure the other one is.

I'm assuming you mean the guy who's played career 50 European games and not the one who's played 5 career top flight minutes.

• Like 2

Philogene arriving and Diaby to Saudi for £80m could be worse.

I don’t want to see Diaby leave but it could be an understandable part of the process. If it meant Chiesa, Beier and Goncelves also arrived and alleviated PSR next summer then I would accept it as part of the chess game of positive progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Philogene arriving and Diaby to Saudi for £80m could be worse.

I don’t want to see Diaby leave but it could be an understandable part of the process. If it meant Chiesa, Beier and Goncelves also arrived and alleviated PSR next summer then I would accept it as part of the chess game of positive progress.

It weakens the team, which isn't really what we want to do. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'm assuming you mean the guy who's played career 50 European games and not the one who's played 5 career top flight minutes.

I didn't say which one I meant :flag:

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Our squad is full… to strengthen it, we need to sell players. We are 5 players (Chambers, Dendoncker, Digne, Moreno, Hause) over limit as it is. JPB gets an open slot for being club trained. 

So if we want to strengthen in areas that we are lacking, we going to have to sell some main players. Considering that we are stacked with wingers now, and there’s interest from Al-somewhere, Diaby is the easy make way. 

Id choose Buendia first, but being injured he has no interest or value right now 

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Our squad is full… to strengthen it, we need to sell players. We are 5 players (Chambers, Dendoncker, Digne, Moreno, Hause) over limit as it is 

Why those five?

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Our squad is full… to strengthen it, we need to sell players. We are 5 players (Chambers, Dendoncker, Digne, Moreno, Hause) over limit as it is. JPB gets an open slot for being club trained. 

So if we want to strengthen in areas that we are lacking, we going to have to sell some main players. Considering that we are stacked with wingers now, and there’s interest from Al-somewhere, Diaby is the easy make way. 

Id choose Buendia first, but being injured he has no interest or value right now 

The answer to strengthening the squad isn't selling one of your best players and besides, how do we know we'll be able to get a good deal PSR-wise? 

Just now, lexicon said:

The answer to strengthening the squad isn't selling one of your best players and besides, how do we know we'll be able to get a good deal PSR-wise? 

So which players would you sell to make way?  If you’re incline to buy more players?

Duran is an easy one. 
Carlos too if we have a buyer (but then need a new CB). 
after that it’s a head scratcher for me. Considering we are stacked with wingers. It’s Diaby or Buendia for me, and diaby has the interest 

PSR isn’t really my issue, it’s the bloated squad. But if the Saudis are still overspending, We’ll make small PSR profit (to answer your question) 

49 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't want to sell Diaby, and I think he could storm this season - but he isn't currently in the starting 11.

I do think that certain positions under Emery will always get minutes - he makes a lot of subs. Full backs (particularly LB when Digne and Moreno were fit), wide forwards, and the further forward CM always seem to subbed. As a result, I think he can keep a surplus of players in those positions fairly happy, with CL football. 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

So which players would you sell to make way?  If you’re incline to buy more players?

Duran is an easy one. 
after that it’s a head scratcher for me. Considering we are stacked with wingers. It’s Diaby or Buendia for me, and diaby has the interest 

PSR isn’t really my issue, it’s the bloated squad. But if the Saudis are still overspending, We’ll make small PSR profit (to answer your question) 

Duran - yes; the talent is there but the brains aren't at the moment, and he seems to be a pain in the arse. 

Carlos - as you say. But we might incur a loss to lose him. 

Cash - because he is probably at his peak value, and I think we need to improve that area.

Moreno and/or Digne - we appear to have cover here now, but can we sell without making a loss?

Archer - if Unai doesn't rate him (and if he comes back), then he deserves a chance. Won't make much on him now though, given the buy-back price.

After that - it's who we can sell for good money  based on a combination of who else we have in the squad and what else we need. And I think Diaby might be the one, as much as it saddens me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Duran is an easy one. 

Hause, Olsen, Donk, Coutinho (already gone) Chambers are the first 5 to go. 

Then it's one of Moreno or Digne for an extra player (Philogene).

Then one in one out.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â