Jaden Philogene

Kingman

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

He looks a decent player, but not sure how ready he is to start for us. Doesn’t really seem a player we need unless it’s for home grown quota in CL

The big factor in this 

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

He looks a decent player, but not sure how ready he is to start for us. Doesn’t really seem a player we need unless it’s for home grown quota in CL

He was better in the championship than Rogers, and last preseason looked good enough to play in the prem. We sold him because he wanted guaranteed game time for development. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

I would be confused with his return. We are already lopsided in terms of depth and options on the left. Why are we never seemingly linked with right sided wing backs and wingers?

Well for one diaby, Bailey and Mcginns preferred side is the right. But also he plays on the right half the time. He's very very 2 footed. 

• Like 3

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Well for one diaby, Bailey and Mcginns preferred side is the right. But also he plays on the right half the time. He's very very 2 footed. 

Ah I didn’t realise that he also plays in the right. Thanks for clarifying!

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

18m minus the 8m we received from Hull for the sale and the 5m sell on clause means we are effectively buying him for back for 5m. 

Ermmm kind of.  Except we sold him for 5m. So we'd be buying him back for £8m by your definition

And maybe better looking at it as just "buying him for 8m" as if we'd never owned him. Or like said above, having loaned him to hull for a year for 8m.

However,  we did own him.  And we did recognise the revenue of the sale in our psr accounts last season. Which by the sounds of it really helped us get over the line of the requirements. 

So can't really look at it that way.

We can still recognise the profit on his sale in the aggregate calculations of our next two psr returns, but this will now be offset by the amortisation on his new fee, which may be 18m (if we recognise the sell on fee as a one off pure profit) or may be £13m (if we just reduce the fee we pay to Hull).

It gets pretty complicated really, so best just to think of it as us having used him to help meet PSR last year, and us having taken up an option to buy him when it became available because he'd developed better than we expected

Edited by MrBlack

23 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

I would be confused with his return. We are already lopsided in terms of depth and options on the left. Why are we never seemingly linked with right sided wing backs and wingers?

Maybe Morgan will be backup striker to Watkins next season freeing up space on the left.

Looking at his training vids in Algarve he seemed to be doing alot of finishing training.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, maltesemike said:

Ah I didn’t realise that he also plays in the right. Thanks for clarifying!

Yeah last season he played 10 games on the right with 2 goals and 3 assists and 22 on the left with 10 goals and 3 assists. 

For his career 36 games at LW in the championship, 25 games at RW. He's got more goals and assists on the Left but that might largely be because of variance and how much better he was this year that previous seasons and that's the games played gap between his positions. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He was better in the championship than Rogers, and last preseason looked good enough to play in the prem. We sold him because he wanted guaranteed game time for development. 

And there is still no guarantee on this. I just can’t see where he starts. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

And there is still no guarantee on this. I just can’t see where he starts. 

He will probably get loaned out this summer and sold for profit again next summer.

Wonder what the incentive for him to pick us if we are only going to loan him straight out ( unless significant wages over the rest which I doubt) ….that be ideal scenario for villa, get decent loan fee and premier experience for him potentially increasing market value 

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

He will probably get loaned out this summer and sold for profit again next summer.

If that was the case then no way does he sign.

He's already good enough to start on the right.

2 minutes ago, striker said:

If that was the case then no way does he sign.

He's already good enough to start on the right.

Good enough to start on the right for us? Ahead of Bailey? 

I'm sure we can offer him better wages than Ipswich, and a loan in a decent team.

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

We're a football club not a car boot sale;

We're a football club that is subject to the constraints of PSR and FFP whether we like it or not, and we have to wheel and deal in order to be competitive.

18 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He’s not being signed for anything other than to be a part of the first team—forget all this loan out or sell straight on etc.

This. I think if we did what is being proposed by some, it would definitely put a lot of our youngsters off from entering these sorts of deals.

• Like 1

I don’t think he gets to choose. If we match the bid, he’s coming here. So I think he’s our player again now.

It’s a weird look to sell a player then buy him back a year later, but looking at his highlights reel I can see why we’re doing it. Other highly rated players like Archer and A Ramsay haven’t kicked on in the same way, so I think it does makes sense to flog them and buy back the ones that look like they’ll go to the very top.

Hope he gets plenty of game time!

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Th

Sold my TV , fridge and freezer to cash convertors for heroine, bought it back a year later for double what I paid.

Excellent business. I've got less cash but I've amortised the costs on my notepad so I'm up!

I hope you had a sell on clause.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â