Jaden Philogene

Kingman

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

18m minus the 8m we received from Hull for the sale and the 5m sell on clause means we are effectively buying him for back for 5m. 

So what you're saying is that we paid £5m to send him on loan to Hull for a year 😀

But from a PSR perspective, we benefitted by £8m immediately and now he only costs us 18/4 = £4.5m a year.

Don't underestimate how big a factor having CL football to offer is. He will almost certainly get game time in that, maybe start a couple and he will add to the many options we have in attack. 

If we want him, and offer him some sort of guarantee on game time) I think he will come. 

16 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thankfully not and I’ve done the necessary editing since, I did have a mini stroke last year though ar the end of May, which I successfully survived relatively unscathed. 

Posted (edited)

You could use Philogene as LW and move Ramsey in the center of midfield to replace Douglas. Or use Philogene as second striker alongside Watkins. 

Better than Iling, Buendia and Diaby and higher ceiling than Rogers. 

Edited by jigen
  • Like 1

Glad to see him back if he does decide to re-join, was shocked when we sold him as he looked good in the American pre season games

57 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'm a little confused.

So we sold him for £8m?

And now Ipswich have bid £18m?  So if he chooses them, we get 30% of the profit (£18m-£8m)?

But we have also matched the £18m bid by Ipswich? In which case if he chooses Villa, he comes back to us for £18m?

Is that correct?

Minus the sell on clause. (Or we get it as a rebate after the fact)

Looks to have filled out, gotten stronger and matured as a player as well.

If this happens, guess we can say, our lot ( Monchi ) definitely know what they are doing when it comes to structuring these deals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Th

Sold my TV , fridge and freezer to cash convertors for heroine, bought it back a year later for double what I paid.

Excellent business. I've got less cash but I've amortised the costs on my notepad so I'm up!

What was her name? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thankfully not and I’ve done the necessary editing since, I did have a mini stroke last year though ar the end of May, which I successfully survived relatively unscathed. 

My old man had the same last year and is the same, fair play fella and pleased you are OK

Sorry to hear that mate, glad you got through it. Take care, and UTV

Good to hear you’re ok mate 👍

Just now, MaVilla said:

if we sign him, one of the contract clauses needs to be getting rid of this tool.

Dude just wants to write off meal and travel expenses as business expenses to the tax man

Personally I would like to see him brought back in but I think 18mil is steep. 

My preference would be to pay the £18mil, which would go down in non-amortisation terms as a £5mil loss - and then if Ipswich are keen and he is too - send him on loan to Ipswich for the season, with them paying us £5mil for the season long loan and covering his wages. 

That way we go into 2025 with Philogene still on the books, not lost any money over him and he's got a full season of Premier League football under his belt too. Working with a top coach may I add, perfect to have him working with a good one rather than just any old person who gives game time. Rosenior is a great coach too and has brought him on brilliantly in a short time. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â