Jaden Philogene

Kingman

Th

6 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Excellent business if we get this over the line for that money. 

Sold my TV , fridge and freezer to cash convertors for heroine, bought it back a year later for double what I paid.

Excellent business. I've got less cash but I've amortised the costs on my notepad so I'm up!

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Would be very surprised if he wants to rejoin us based on his reasons for leaving last year. He wants to start games and I don’t think he is a starter at Villa. 

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Th

Sold my TV , fridge and freezer to cash convertors for heroine, bought it back a year later for double what I paid.

Excellent business. I've got less cash but I've amortised the costs on my notepad so I'm up!

You alright?

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Th

Yeah, you've absolutely nailed the reasons why this is a good deal. Nailed it. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wont be suprised if he chooses ipswich over us as he will get more game time there 

But emery will give him game time if he is good enough

You’re right the lad has to back himself like everyone else and prove his value to Unai, he can earn plenty of minutes next season but he can’t expect ro just have them regardless, I’m sure Unai will explain this to him amd he’ll rise to the challenge of he’s good enough and mature enough this ain’t kids club and je won’t be earning kids wages. 

I'm really excited at the prospect of seeing him in the C&B again next season. 

Our options off the bench are going to be insane next season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

He's homegrown so its fine. 

I'm not looking at him being homegrown, looking more that we are already close to the registered 25-man PL squad. 

Just now, villarule123 said:

I'm really excited at the prospect of seeing him in the C&B again next season. 

Our options off the bench are going to be insane next season. 

He stood out in the USA games as mentioned earlier in the thread last preseason, sounds like he's stayed steady and in fact improved, IT'S LIKE A BRAND NEW SIGNING

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I'm a little confused.

So we sold him for £8m?

And now Ipswich have bid £18m?  So if he chooses them, we get 30% of the profit (£18m-£8m)?

But we have also matched the £18m bid by Ipswich? In which case if he chooses Villa, he comes back to us for £18m?

Is that correct?

Not quite. We buy him back for the difference between £18m and the amount we would have got from the sell on clause.

The sell on clause is still active, even if he's sold to us, so we still make 30% of their profit even if he joins us.

• Thanks 1

Would much prefer this signing to someone like Chiesa, or even Soule.

Home-grown talent with a lot of potential, who has proven himself in the Championship. If he hadn't played for us already we would be miffed if he went to someone like Palace, in a similar way to when Olise did.

The fact that it would be £13m or so would give us more to spend on the key areas that we really need, such as CM, RB and (ideally) another CB.

• Like 1

Prefer him to Rogers. Happy it looks like he’s coming back.

If I were him though I’d be choosing Palace, I think he’d get a lot more game time there now Olise has gone.

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why not buy double the heroine instead? 

is it fair to assume, that if we have actually triggered the buy back, we wouldnt have done it without already knowing if he would come back or not?

would be a bit daft to trigger it and for him to decide not to, ie: making us look a bit silly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not quite. We buy him back for the difference between £18m and the amount we would have got from the sell on clause.

The sell on clause is still active, even if he's sold to us, so we still make 30% of their profit even if he joins us.

18m minus the 8m we received from Hull for the sale and the 5m sell on clause means we are effectively buying him for back for 5m. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Thankfully not and I’ve done the necessary editing since, I did have a mini stroke last year though ar the end of May, which I successfully survived relatively unscathed. 

Now I feel absof**kingly terrible.

• Haha 1

There’s always a chance he’ll prefer Ipswich over us so he can get guaranteed game time.

That said, with Ipswich likely being the new whipping boys in the division (not criticising, this is just how it generally goes) would he want to put himself in that position? As we saw with Archer, it’s hard to make your mark as an attacking player in a newly promoted team and he may do his career more harm than good.

With the number of games we have next season, I’d imagine he’ll play quite often and will also be surrounded by vastly superior teammates.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â