Jaden Philogene

Kingman

PERRCCCYY!

Ipswich, Everton and Crystal Palace have all targeted the former Villa academy player but he looks destined to rejoin Unai Emery’s squad unless either of the three clubs make a higher offer.

Villa also agreed a 30 per cent sell-on clause during negotiations with Hull, so their deal – if all goes through – will be worth just under £13.5 million.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5
  • Like 1

I’m getting worried. He may be a winger, but we are really weak on options out wide… we need at least all the other wingers in the world to compete 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wont be suprised if he chooses ipswich over us as he will get more game time there 

But emery will give him game time if he is good enough

AFAIK when we let him go last year we had already agreed a contract with him and since our matching rights supercedes ipswiches bid he has to sign for us. 

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m getting worried. He may be a winger, but we are really week on options out wide… we need at least all the other wingers in the world to compete 

Yeah we only have

Bailey, Mcginn, Ramsey, Rogers, Diaby, Iling-Junior, Buendia, Tielemans who can play there. 

I was disappointed when we sold Jaden, but understood the club's decision at the time. I would be really happy if he rejoins us, but again I can see why he might decide that being first choice for another (lesser?) club is a more attractive option for him at the moment.

However, if he really believes that he is good enough to play for a top club (in my opinion he has more than enough talent) then he should choose to rejoin Villa, and look forward to years of developing a really high profile under Unai Emery.

1 hour ago, JPAngel said:

If this was a player from the Championship that we didn't know and you were to view his YouTube highlight reels, I think this place would be on fire with excitement. I don't think a lot of people realise quite how good he was this season.

Based on that reel, we’d be crazy not to sign him for the type of money we’re talking about. He’s got something differently which  is very valuable. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1

Just now, Mazrim said:

Tough year for the lad. He's been to Hull and back.

I'm going to Hull on business next week and then coming home again. 

Can I get £50,000 a week when I return?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I'm a little confused.

So we sold him for £8m?

And now Ipswich have bid £18m?  So if he chooses them, we get 30% of the profit (£18m-£8m)?

But we have also matched the £18m bid by Ipswich? In which case if he chooses Villa, he comes back to us for £18m?

Is that correct?

Just now, ender4 said:

I'm a little confused.

So we sold him for £8m?

And now Ipswich have bid £18m?  So if he chooses them, we get 30% of the profit (£18m-£8m)?

But we have also matched the £18m bid by Ipswich? In which case if he chooses Villa, he comes back to us for £18m?

Is that correct?

Yes.

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

AFAIK when we let him go last year we had already agreed a contract with him and since our matching rights supercedes ipswiches bid he has to sign for us. 

Does it?  and does he have to sign for us or is it his choice now?

At the very least we probably need him for the homegrown quota in the CL. Excited to have him back, but that left hand side is too stacked. Ramsey, Rogers, Buendia, Illing Jr and now Philogene.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â