Jaden Philogene

Kingman

4 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Kinda like how United paid Juve £90m to train Pogba up from a being a £0 player? 

Exactly like that yes because United needed £0m at the time to balance their books

Watched Hull quite a few times last season in the Championship and Jaden was superb, a real stand out. I mean if we can get him at a cut down price it's a no brainer to me. Only concern is that Jaden clearly wants game time and unless he's guaranteed game time at Villa I could still see him going to Ipswich. 

Never wanted us to tell him in the first place but I understood his reasoning. 

• Like 1

I reckon there will be a Netflix documentary on Aston Villa in the summer of 2024, and how we broke football finance regulations. 

No-one will watch it, but it will sweep the board at the "Beanies" - which for the uninitiated is the Accountancy and Financial Service industry equivalent of the Oscars

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I really hope he chooses us, though not confident. Would be a superb re-addition

Be a big help to the home grown rule in UEFA squad

His highlights reel is impressive - better than Rogers's who's turned out pretty well so far.  Could this PSR scenario be at play here though, whereby we buy him for 30% less than 18m  = 12.6m.  We then sell him for £18m or more to Ipswich or whoever.  The £18m goes straight in as revenue for PSR purposes, the £12.6m  is amortised over 4 or 5 years, so £2-3 m a year.  £15m- ish PSR "profit" for this year.  Or doesn't it work that way? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

His highlights reel is impressive - better than Rogers's who's turned out pretty well so far.  Could this PSR scenario be at play here though, whereby we buy him for 30% less than 18m  = 12.6m.  We then sell him for £18m or more to Ipswich or whoever.  The £18m goes straight in as revenue for PSR purposes, the £12.6m  is amortised over 4 or 5 years, so £2-3 m a year.  £15m- ish PSR "profit" for this year.  Or doesn't it work that way? 

We're a football club not a car boot sale;

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

If this was a player from the Championship that we didn't know and you were to view his YouTube highlight reels, I think this place would be on fire with excitement. I don't think a lot of people realise quite how good he was this season.

For whatever reason he was sold Philogen was absolutely on fire on the tour in America so it was pretty clear he was going to be very good.

Without him when last season started I thought Villa had lost something in attack as he is so direct!

Villa's home grown Eze or Elise!

If signed I honestly feel he will become 1st choice pretty quickly as he's that good.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

We didn't want him to leave, he didn't really want to leave - but he wanted to play football. I respect and understand that, as did the club. He left on a good deal, and there is no bad blood - so if we can offer him a place in the first team named squad (i.e. at least bench every game), and obviously cup games, regular sub appearances etc.. with a promise that good play will mean more starts, then I see no reason why he wouldn't come back here.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â