Ben Chrisene

alreadyexists

Can't say I'd heard of him before today but seems to be highly rated. Looking at the club media he's done today he seems to have a good head on his shoulders too.

Think we're still looking to take Callum Doyle on loan so he probably won't be first choice this season. So it might be a while before you're getting your billions in sell on fees.

1 hour ago, Naaaaarch said:

Can't say I'd heard of him before today but seems to be highly rated. Looking at the club media he's done today he seems to have a good head on his shoulders too.

Think we're still looking to take Callum Doyle on loan so he probably won't be first choice this season. So it might be a while before you're getting your billions in sell on fees.

had a decent season on loan at Blackburn last year.

Was one of our high potential youth players (along with Hayden, Chukwuemeka, Bogarde Barry, Iroegbunam, A.Ramsey, Swinkels), part of the 2021 FA Youth Cup winning team.

although, he was "most high potential" a couple of years ago before he had a couple of fairly long term injuries, which stunted his growth and opportunities a bit.

The other players of that batch, Chuk moved to Chelsea for 20m, Bogarde seems to be getting a new contract here and going out on loan, Barry - unsure, Iroegbunam joined Everton for 10m this summer, A.Ramsey joined Burnley for 14m last summer, and Swinkels is just coming back after a serious injury, so Chrisene is in good company, definately a lot of potential for Norwich to develop.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

I really like that we seem to be getting the right clubs at the right levels to our your players than will not be part of our team. It is important that Aston Villa is a club that take care of the players and help them find the optimal career move.

• Like 2

Looked a real talent in the fa youth cup final.  They persist trying to play him left back though which never understood as he was the closest thing to Gareth Barry we had in 20 years. Obviously the coaches know better but his silky skills and pass selection  to me was always suited to being central. Not the quickest at all in a world where fullbacks bomb on these days . Hope he has a great career as a decent kid with no ego whatsoever 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

had a decent season on loan at Blackburn last year.

Was one of our high potential youth players (along with Hayden, Chukwuemeka, Bogarde Barry, Iroegbunam, A.Ramsey, Swinkels), part of the 2021 FA Youth Cup winning team.

although, he was "most high potential" a couple of years ago before he had a couple of fairly long term injuries, which stunted his growth and opportunities a bit.

The other players of that batch, Chuk moved to Chelsea for 20m, Bogarde seems to be getting a new contract here and going out on loan, Barry - unsure, Iroegbunam joined Everton for 10m this summer, A.Ramsey joined Burnley for 14m last summer, and Swinkels is just coming back after a serious injury, so Chrisene is in good company, definately a lot of potential for Norwich to develop.

10 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Looked a real talent in the fa youth cup final.  They persist trying to play him left back though which never understood as he was the closest thing to Gareth Barry we had in 20 years. Obviously the coaches know better but his silky skills and pass selection  to me was always suited to being central. Not the quickest at all in a world where fullbacks bomb on these days . Hope he has a great career as a decent kid with no ego whatsoever 

From this I can certainly see the logic from the Norwich POV.

In regards to his profile our new manager is looking to build a technical possession heavy team. From what I've seen so far he tends to build up with 3 at the back so he'll likely be asked to invert into the back line and midfield.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Naaaaarch said:

From this I can certainly see the logic from the Norwich POV.

In regards to his profile our new manager is looking to build a technical possession heavy team. From what I've seen so far he tends to build up with 3 at the back so he'll likely be asked to invert into the back line and midfield.

cool.

Chrisene was originally a left back, who could also play left midfield to some degree, but at Blackburn i think they played him on the left of a back 3, so seems he might fit your plans.

4 hours ago, Naaaaarch said:

isn't Doyle a CB and Chrisene more of a LB/CM?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

isn't Doyle a CB and Chrisene more of a LB/CM?

As far as I'm aware Doyle is a lb/cb hybrid. Our big signing this summer is a left sided CB so I would assume we're signing both Doyle and Chrisene for the LB position (released both of our left backs at the end of their contracts at the start of the summer).

3 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Had very high hopes when we got him. Was very good for that brilliant youth cup winning team. 

I think we grew a lot faster than our youth players. His injuries didnt help

He's living up to his promise, getting a move to a Championship team expected to challenge for the Play-Offs and at the age of twenty, is very good going, he's done well and is a success story, a lot of players he played with won't get such a move, will drop way down the football pyramid, in some cases might drop out of the game as a player completely, he gets even more credit having done as well as he has done, bearing in mind he had a year out and other injuries beside that, and was also part of the covid generation, so will have missed vital development time because of that reason too

In normal circumstances I think we would have kept him as our player, as I think he's in a similar category to Kesler-Hayden and Bogarde, that is still with high potential and one good season in the Championship away from being worth a decent amount of money, and capable of that good season, but I guess we've got a number of good players in his position so made sense to let him go, Tanswell said the club rate Sousa highly in recent podcast, Patterson is usually one of the better players on the pitch when he plays, and Finley Munroe was possibly our most improved U21 player last season

Also presumably if he does do well at Norwich we will have something written into the deal that means we get some more benefit from it, I'm sure he will get the game time, I think he can probably play leftback and midfield equally well, in fact I still wouldn't be surprised if midfield ends up becoming his speciality position, in his style of play and his versatility he's somewhat reminiscent of Gareth Barry, so there will be more than one route into the team for him

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â