Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Thought he was awful today. Didn't hold the ball up, caused two slow defenders very little issues. 

Equally though no one played him in behind once in the game, so 6 of one half the dozen of the other in terms of not causing their defence any issues. I don’t think the central midfield duo works, we need another player dropping in to make a 3 or even a midfield 4, there was no space for the midfield to play the ball forwards to Watkins in dangerous areas, as for the Duran-Watkins it’s just not a good idea at all, there is a reason the old school 4-4-2 has fallen out of the modern game.

Blame Rogers.  Rogers is the link to Ollie and either couldn't or didn't want to pass at all.

Bailey and Philogene (understandably) were also complete non entities.

Not making excuses but he had absolutely nothing to work with. At all.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Blame Rogers.  Rogers is the link to Ollie and either couldn't or didn't want to pass at all.

Yeah, it was this pretty much. The one time Watkins drifted wide slightly, he put in a great ball (won a corner I think) which he would’ve looked to get on the end of… no-one there, presumably because he had gone wide.

The end product was missing for him - although he didn’t have the best game otherwise, in fairness. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

The ball also bounced off him multiple times when it was played into him. He was as bad as those around him. 

3 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I think we're seeing the same Ollie Watkins when Ings was here. He doesn't like competition and it effects his game. Just my opinion so please don't shoot me.

Are we already memory holing his performance against Bayern.  He was a world beater just 5 days ago. The whole team looked leggy. it's obvious we will need a bigger squad in the future.  The fixture pile-up with CL and domestic tournaments is a real concern. 

12 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

The whole team looked leggy. it's obvious we will need a bigger squad in the future.  The fixture pile-up with CL and domestic tournaments is a real concern. 

We have same size capped squad as everyone else. Using much more rotation than Liverpool atm for example

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â