Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

It’s why my eyes kinda glaze over looking at that goal scoring table, no reference to the number of appearances.

The dates included give an indication but don’t acknowledge any injuries missed during that time.

A quick search suggests it’s -

Agbonlahor - 322 appearances, 74 goals

Watkins - 150 apps, 61 goals 

Yorke - 179 apps, 60 goals

Dublin - 155 apps, 48 goals

Angel - 175 apps, 44 goals

Benteke - 89 apps, 42 goals 

It would be great if Ollie could reach 100 PL goals for us. Gabby’s tally smashed this season, then the next season try and reach a century.

Easy to weed out that bias in the stats- appearances per goal. On that basis the list is now as follows:

Benteke 2.11

Watkins 2.45

Yorke 2.98

Dublin 3.23

Angel 3.90

Agbonlahor 4.30

This is far closer to the order I would have put those strikers in without the benefit of statistics. 

Fwiw if asked for my top 3 I would go Yorke, Tekkers, Olly in that order. 

Edit, another note, Savo would sit between Dublin and Angel on 3.46

Edited by Hobsons Choice
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

Easy to weed out that bias in the stats- appearances per goal. On that basis the list is now as follows:

Benteke 2.11

Watkins 2.45

Yorke 2.98

Dublin 3.23

Angel 3.90

Agbonlahor 4.30

This is far closer to the order I would have put those strikers in without the benefit of statistics. 

Fwiw if asked for my top 3 I would go Yorke, Tekkers, Olly in that order. 

Edit, another note, Savo would sit between Dublin and Angel on 3.46

Yeah pretty much my top three, but they’re each a bit too different for me to put in order and be completely content with my decision.

Childhood memories playing a part here, but with (apparently) 38 goals in 112 league appearances, at a rate of 2.95, statistically I don’t think it’s unreasonable to put Saunders in at number 4.

• Like 2

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

Yeah pretty much my top three, but they’re each a bit too different for me to put in order and be completely content with my decision.

Childhood memories playing a part here, but with (apparently) 38 goals in 112 league appearances, at a rate of 2.95, statistically I don’t think it’s unreasonable to put Saunders in at number 4.

Ooh yeah I forgot to do Deano, and he was my hero growing up. What a dolt. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Also Dalian Atkinson 105/31 3.39, making him 6th.

• Like 2

And don't forget the other (original) "Big John" Carew. 

Rushes off to find John Carew's stats

*edit* 37 goals in 113 appearances so 3.05 games per goal. Surprising. My Claret tinted glasses would have expected it to be a better ratio than that.

Anyway, come on Ollie, knock that fat wasterman Gabby off the top spot.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

And don't forget the other (original) "Big John" Carew. 

Rushes off to find John Carew's stats

*edit* 37 goals in 113 appearances so 3.05 games per goal. Surprising. My Claret tinted glasses would have expected it to be a better ratio than that.

Anyway, come on Ollie, knock that fat wasterman Gabby off the top spot.

3.05 ain't bad, though, to be fair.

14 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Scored a legitimate goal in that was very harshly ruled out, but also had some great moments of hold up play today. Even when not scoring he adds so much. 

His defensive and off the ball play is exceptional for a striker in fairness. There's so much he does other than score goals and you can see the difference when he's off the pitch, the support for the midfield isn't there.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, juteface said:

His defensive and off the ball play is exceptional for a striker in fairness. There's so much he does other than score goals and you can see the difference when he's off the pitch, the support for the midfield isn't there.

I’ve not noticed so much this season but I remember when we defending corners last season, Watkins would so often be the one winning the header in our box that started a counter, sometimes concluding with him having a shot on goal himself. His work rate is phenomenal. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and blame the surface.

But what he did when he got put through 1 on 1 was probably the worst thing I've ever seen him do :D 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â