Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Depends what you define an easy chance. I would say Ollie mentality is great that missing doesn't effect him but I dont think he misses many easy chances

He has added this to his game, think he's had some help with the mental side of the game and no letting missed chances play on his mind. 

13 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He's back! 

Plenty of minutes and opportunities for both him and Duran. 

@Tom13 sorry mate 😉 

Not really sure why I've been tagged.

Took his goals very well, loved the aggression he showed to score the first and get above Keane. Should have had three though, or at least had a much better effort for the third.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Now overtaken Dwight Yorke in the Villa PL records.

14 more goals to take the record.

image.thumb.png.e43983de9d28a82722253d493360409d.png

It is so bizarre that Gabby is still top despite being by far the worse striker on that list (yes a couple of promising seasons early on in his career but let's be honest he was mostly crap). It still grates me that people call Gabby a legend, he was nowhere near being one for us. Before him Yorke was a worthy leader, a world class player for us even if he did leave controversially. 

Confident Ollie will break Gabby's record by the end of this season and he can finally be knocked off the top. For me Ollie and Yorke are the two best strikers we've had in the Premier League era, followed by Benteke. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Spoony said:

Such a paradox this man. Misses so many chances, still scores 2 and got 19 last season. I’m staring to think I just misunderstand how many easy chances elite strikers must miss. 

I've always felt the same, but I saw this the other day which it surprised me... 

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Conversely, Benteke's record is phenomenal. 

It’s why my eyes kinda glaze over looking at that goal scoring table, no reference to the number of appearances.

The dates included give an indication but don’t acknowledge any injuries missed during that time.

A quick search suggests it’s -

Agbonlahor - 322 appearances, 74 goals

Watkins - 150 apps, 61 goals 

Yorke - 179 apps, 60 goals

Dublin - 155 apps, 48 goals

Angel - 175 apps, 44 goals

Benteke - 89 apps, 42 goals 

It would be great if Ollie could reach 100 PL goals for us. Gabby’s tally smashed this season, then the next season try and reach a century.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

12 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

I've always felt the same, but I saw this the other day which it surprised me... 

Top strikers miss chances but they will keep getting in great positions and score more than they miss.  He should have had a hatrick yesterday but to be fair had Roger's got the easy pass right he would have.  So that would have been 4 chances 3 goals which is a good return.

I've always thought he is better when he has less time to think.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Conversely, Benteke's record is phenomenal. 

Especially when you consider his 3 years with us included quite a few injuries too. I was convinced he would go on to be one of the best strikers in Europe, ultimately I think the injuries curtailed what he could have become, along with some poor career moves along the way.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Especially when you consider his 3 years with us included quite a few injuries too. I was convinced he would go on to be one of the best strikers in Europe, ultimately I think the injuries curtailed what he could have become, along with some poor career moves along the way.

And the absolutely tragic level of teammate he had with us. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leeroy said:

It is so bizarre that Gabby is still top despite being by far the worse striker on that list (yes a couple of promising seasons early on in his career but let's be honest he was mostly crap). It still grates me that people call Gabby a legend, he was nowhere near being one for us. Before him Yorke was a worthy leader, a world class player for us even if he did leave controversially. 

Confident Ollie will break Gabby's record by the end of this season and he can finally be knocked off the top. For me Ollie and Yorke are the two best strikers we've had in the Premier League era, followed by Benteke. 

Not for me, Angel was poetry in motion at times. Ollie is going to smash that record. It wouldn't surprise me were he to do it this season. I honestly think we'll see him go on a massive run of goals now.

He is easily our best striker at this level..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If you think it's possible to have a squad of footballers and not have some disliking each other, then you are extremely gullible. 

Duran wants to start and Ollie is in his way, if there's a rivalry then it's professional and that can help us by pushing both of them to improve. Competition in a squad is vital to succeed, don't worry about the opposition,  worry about your colleagues. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Good two goals happy for his confidence and he will be on job this season..

p.s Watkins and Duran are definitely amicable, they are not fond of each other.. 

Watkins is 8 years older than Duran, a noted family man, and a generally reserved personality. I’d be surprised if he ever sees or talks to Duran outside of BMH, travel, and match day. 

They can be friendly coworkers and supportive teammates but it’s no shock that they’re not as friendly as Rogers and Duran. 

It’s like asking why McGinn or Emi (either) aren’t all buddy buddy with him. Very different points in their lives. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tinker said:

Duran wants to start and Ollie is in his way, if there's a rivalry then it's professional and that can help us by pushing both of them to improve. Competition in a squad is vital to succeed, don't worry about the opposition,  worry about your colleagues. 

Sheringham hated Cole, but that never got in the way of that United team being the most successful in the Premier League era. 

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

If you think it's possible to have a squad of footballers and not have some disliking each other, then you are extremely gullible. 

Not saying I believe they don't like each other or anything of the sort.

But Vidigany comments won't have helped 😂

I do have a feeling the comment may have been lost in translation though lol.

About him thinking he's better etc. Or should I say there is missing context or it was delivered too bluntly.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not saying I believe they don't like each other or anything of the sort.

But Vidigany comments won't have helped 😂

I do have a feeling the comment may have been lost in translation though lol.

About him thinking he's better etc. Or should I say there is missing context or it was delivered too bluntly.

Even if he did say It, I don't think it's that bad of a thing. He's young, brash and very self - confident. That could go against him by firing Ollie up to shove those words back down his throat. 

I think Duran is just a marmite personality, he'll mellow with age, like most of us do.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â