Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Glad he's pulled out. No need to pissing around playing meaningless games when he's not fully fit or low on confidence. Quite frankly, I wish all of our players who arent playing World Cup qualifiers would pull out between now and 2026.

The last thing we need is any more injuries.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

You really know how to shatter people's worlds, Tom. I always thought @Jas10 was Ollie.

giphy.gif

No wonder he looks so jaded on the pitch. Been up all hours posting on the transfer thread before window closed. 

Surprised he isn't nominated for Balon d'Or, which is a crazy thing to be saying about a Villa player, but you can't say he didn't perform as well as say Palmer or Saka who did get nominated. Not to mention I would have thought his semifinal goal in the Euros to carry some weight as international tournaments typically do.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Surprised he isn't nominated for Balon d'Or, which is a crazy thing to be saying about a Villa player, but you can't say he didn't perform as well as say Palmer or Saka who did get nominated. Not to mention I would have thought his semifinal goal in the Euros to carry some weight as international tournaments typically do.

Yeah, I wouldn’t have expected to have been nominated until I saw the list and thought that he had a better season than a few on there, not just in terms of numbers but overall game. He rightly wouldn’t have been in the top 10 though so not sure it means that much anyway. 

Makes sense that he’s been carrying a little injury. Having waited so long for a chance I don’t think he’d withdraw from an England squad just for not being as match fit as we would like. Hopefully gets himself right over the break.

18 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Watkins:

- Most goal involvements in the PL

- Scored a last minute winner in the semi final of an international tournament

- Reached a European semi-final at club level

- Helped his team to Champions League qualification for the first time

Palmer:

- Scored some goals (half of which were penalties) and did a 'brrrrr' celebration. 

And even stole that from Morgan Rogers.

He literally came back right before the Dortmund friendly if I remember correctly? He's going to be playing catchup for a while and especially if he has an injury as well. It's to be expected. He had a super long season last year, along with the Euros. Will need Duran and others to continue to chip in until he's firing again. 

20 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Watkins:

- Most goal involvements in the PL

- Scored a last minute winner in the semi final of an international tournament

- Reached a European semi-final at club level

- Helped his team to Champions League qualification for the first time

Palmer:

- Scored some goals (half of which were penalties) and did a 'brrrrr' celebration. 

I do agree about Palmer - for now, but we should all be glad this kid is English.

I honestly believe he is better than Bellingham, which is saying something.

Our midfield should be built around a combination of these two, Jack, Foden, 

Anyway - maybe next year for Ollie 🤞

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChesterDad said:

I do agree about Palmer - for now, but we should all be glad this kid is English.

Oh I agree, I was being facetious - Palmer is headed to the very top. But I can't help thinking he wouldn't have been in the conversation for the Ballon d'Or if he was plying his trade at Brentford or West Ham. Or with us for that matter.

• Like 2

I think we should not rush players, it was a tough start this season, but games are getting easier, although CL games are coming up. So I think rotation and team management should be considered better. We have capable players in Duran, Jaden, Buendia, Ramsey, Barkley, Maatsen, Bogarde, Carlos and Kosta.

If Ollie isn’t ready just start Duran against Everton. We’ll have to rotate anyway. 

On 05/09/2024 at 18:50, ChesterDad said:

I'd agree with much of that but tbh the problem is with bellingham in it the focus is always on him.  personally I'd leave bellingham on the bench in order to build a good team with real quality and a balanced midfield.  bellingham in the team equals.  stick bellingham in attacking midfield and everyone else has to fit around him.  hence they all play below par and bellingham acts like a greedy kid on the playground. oh and watkins is great but don't think he should make that shortlist and tbh I'm glad he hasn't.  if he's on it he's a target for the madrid's etc..

Edited by tezzaleed

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â