Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

39 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's known Watkins is a form and confidence player alongside his lack of pre season. He was also injured. 

Its not something to be worried about with Watkins for now. It may well be if it carries on for 2 or 3 more games, but even then,  he'll only need to score one before he goes on a run of back to.back scoring for 8 games.

I’m not sure you’d be saying that if Durán hadn’t scored those two goals, we’d have 2 points instead of 6.

5 hours ago, briny_ear said:

It worries me that there are so many posts from people saying they are not worried by Watkins's lack of early season form. It's worrying that the only conversation about him at the moment is trying to provide reassurance that his poor start is really OK.

It's actually not OK in my book.

And people just saying the goals will come as if his finishing has been the only issue so far.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The Ollie haters are coming out in full force while he regains fitness and some form. Hopefully he can bang in some goals against Everton to shut them up again. 

if anything short of abject worship and fawning and the most measured criticism all amount to "Ollie hating," I welcome the Ollie haters.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Discussing poor performances = hating 😂🤦‍♂️

Haters gonna hate I guess. Never get why some fans have never appreciated Ollie and are just waiting to get on his back rather than keeping faith. I get criticism when a player isn't playing well but lack of faith I find odd considering he has always bounced back 

He'll be fine and in the meantime his cover is stepping it up so it's not all about Ollie's goals. Good thing it's a squad game.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1

Great player in a rough patch while his competition is on fire. Tough decisions for Unai because you want to be patient with your main striker and not further negatively impact his confidence, but also reward good performances. 

I think Duran deserves a start, but at the same time Everton is the perfect opportunity for Ollie to find his form. It's a hard one for sure.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Haters gonna hate I guess. Never get why some fans have never appreciated Ollie and are just waiting to get on his back rather than keeping faith. I get criticism when a player isn't playing well but lack of faith I find odd considering he has always bounced back 

He'll be fine and in the meantime his cover is stepping it up so it's not all about Ollie's goals. Good thing it's a squad game.

Quite right this is not the 1980s and we’re not going into the season with a 13 man squad. I wouldn’t bet against Ollie scoring 20 this season on the way to us finishing in the top 4 and lifting some silverware. UTV!!!!!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

I’m not sure you’d be saying that if Durán hadn’t scored those two goals, we’d have 2 points instead of 6.

Yeah, but he did, and that's part of why it isn't a worry. We have an alternative that can step up if we need need to. But mainly,  it's also because Watkins has shown time and again that he is more than capable to come back from a dry spell.

• Thanks 1

Pulled out of the England squad to "continue his rehabilitation process". Had a feeling that was going to happen: he's barely had a pre-season, bit daft to have him go off to play for England.

Left the camp alongside Palmer and Foden, who are also both expected to make miraculous recoveries from their illnesses/need for treatment in about 2 weeks time

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Pulled out of the England squad to "continue his rehabilitation process". Had a feeling that was going to happen: he's barely had a pre-season, bit daft to have him go off to play for England.

Left the camp alongside Palmer and Foden, who are also both expected to make miraculous recoveries from their illnesses/need for treatment in about 2 weeks time

That’s good.  Let him rest and get his fitness up for important Villa matches in late Sept and a very busy Oct/Nov.

On 02/09/2024 at 19:58, Tom13 said:

Discussing poor performances = hating 😂🤦‍♂️

I wouldn’t necessarily call it hating but it’s hardly supportive or particularly helpful as others have said, Ollie like many strikers is a  confidence playe, so support him and help him get his confidence up, as I’m sure that’s what the coaches and his team mates are doing their best to do. A couple vs Everton and the conversation is put to bed, until

he scores 20 on the bounce then misses an easy one and we’ll be back here again. 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily call it hating but it’s hardly supportive or particularly helpful as others have said, Ollie like many strikers is a  confidence playe, so support him and help him get his confidence up, as I’m sure that’s what the coaches and his team mates are doing their best to do. A couple vs Everton and the conversation is put to bed, until

he scores 20 on the bounce then misses an easy one and we’ll be back here again. 

Don’t worry nobody’s basic human “right” to criticise is being infringed. 

On 02/09/2024 at 19:25, duke313 said:

The luxury of having a good squad then, isn’t it?

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Helpful to who? I'm discussing things on a Villa forum. Ollie isn't gonna be on here is he.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Helpful to who? I'm discussing things on a Villa forum. Ollie isn't gonna be on here is he.

I’ve no idea if Ollie wants to spend his time on here, probably not I’d guess but you’re allowed to do and say what you like, within reasonable boundaries. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â