Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

It’s more a frustration than a concern at this point. Confident he’ll be back to his best at some point but could really do without this.

Still love him though.

Just now, JPJCB said:

Deserves dropping for Duran 

Disagree, bar the header which was important, Duran did sod all, no tracking back, no effort 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

He will be fine once his fitness is 100%

If it was young raw Duran I'd agree. Watkins will get games and get back to goalscoring ways....but honestly he might get pushed out before he has a chance.

Just now, Zero7 said:

Disagree, bar the header which was important, Duran did sod all, no tracking back, no effort 

Other than win the game for us, he did nothing.

Watkins last week did nothing but missed chances to win the game for us. I know what I prefer.

Great that we are 6 out of 9 despite Ollie being woefully out of form. We'll need him to be back to his old self if we hope to keep it up (Kenneth)

• Like 2

Thank God we didn’t flog Duran.

What’s Watkins xG this season? Missed a chance vs. West Ham where he just dribbled into Areola, missed two sitters vs. Arsenal and snatched at his 1:1 today.

Obviously has a lot of credit in the bank coming off a phenomenal season, but if he doesn’t sort it out soon it’s going to cost us points. 

Just now, R.Bear said:

Other than win the game for us, he did nothing.

Watkins last week did nothing but missed chances to win the game for us. I know what I prefer.

And how many times has Watkins won the games for us, lets not start writing off our best player due to being a bit out of form. The work rate of Watkins and tracking back is incredible, just can;t see that in Durans game 

Just now, Zero7 said:

lets not start writing off our best player due to being a bit out of form.

No-ones writing off anyone. But if you said to me before Duran came on that he would do nothing but score. I'd bite your arm off.

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

No-ones writing off anyone. But if you said to me before Duran came on that he would do nothing but score. I'd bite your arm off.

I actually called for him in the match thread, but just don’t think he should start 

51 minutes ago, sne said:

Great that we are 6 out of 9 despite Ollie being woefully out of form. We'll need him to be back to his old self if we hope to keep it up (Kenneth)

Pretty excited to think where we'll go once Ollie gets back in form.

Not worried about him. He's still getting on the end of a bunch of top quality chances for himself every game despite not having a pre-season, it's just genuinely unfortunate that he hasn't scored at this point.  Once the first goal hits they'll come pouring in.

Note that he didn't score in his first 5 Prem games last season: that hardly stopped him once he got going...

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

His head is still in the euros

This isn't the Watkins I know

Don’t be stupid. 

He’s not fit. We know he’s not fit, Emery has said he’s not fit. He’s just not up to match fitness. 

That’s it. 

It’s nothing to do with his head being somewhere else ffs

24 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Was the freekick where Onana scored intended for Ollie? Looks like it’s been given as his assist 

It didn’t look like he touched the ball though. And I also didn’t think it was intended for anyone in particular. Just Ramsey kicking across goal hoping someone catches it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â