Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Why? He didn't score for the first 5 PL games last season and he did OK in the end.

Because it's costing us points. He should have had one against West Ham and one at least against Arsenal. Luckily we got the win against West Ham.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Because it's costing us points. He should have had one against West Ham and one at least against Arsenal. Luckily we got the win against West Ham.

But we know that's going to happen with him. He's not clinical so he'll miss plenty of chances this season. There aren't many good strikers out there and Ollie is as good as we can do so we might as well just accept his limitations. 

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

But we know that's going to happen with him. He's not clinical so he'll miss plenty of chances this season. There aren't many good strikers out there and Ollie is as good as we can do so we might as well just accept his limitations. 

I don't agree that he isn't clinical and has limitations..He has disproved that last season. 

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

I don't agree that he isn't clinical and has limitations..He has disproved that last season. 

He had a great season, but he didn’t disprove anything he still missed chances and wasn’t clinical at times. 

10 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not trying to be funny, but have you seen some of the chances BOTH those players, and other top players miss all the time?

Ollie just gets more stick from us because his cost us and we see him all the time.

Haaland has missed sitters worse than Ollie.

Doesn't make any of them bad players 

Nobody said any of the three players were bad players. That would really be silly talk if anyone said that.

All  players miss chances. All players!

I simply said Haaland and Salah are much better players than our Ollie Watkins. Doesn’t mean I don’t love him as a player, I do. I’m just being honest about it.

Lastly, Ollie to score against Leicester.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not trying to be funny, but have you seen some of the chances BOTH those players, and other top players miss all the time?

Ollie just gets more stick from us because his cost us and we see him all the time.

Haaland has missed sitters worse than Ollie.

Doesn't make any of them bad players 

Do you think Ollie is on Haaland's level finishing wise? That sounds like what you're trying to say. All three players miss chances therefore they have the same finishing ability?

For the record, Haaland underscored his xG by 2.2 last season, and Watkins over scored his xG by 2.2 last season. 

Recency bias nonsense. Back him, he’s an absolute monster. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

For the record, Haaland underscored his xG by 2.2 last season, and Watkins over scored his xG by 2.2 last season. 

Well said, seems some of the same people that wanted to flog him last summer are immediately on his back after an incredible season. 

If he stays injury free he'll score 20+

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Tbf it wasn't just his miss on Saturday, his touch and passing was really poor. Was against West Ham as well, Rogers put him through one-on-one with a quickly taken free-kick but he took a poor touch and made the chance a lot harder for himself.

Think last year Ollie spent the summer doing extra 1-to-1 striker training and it really showed in his touch and assured finishing. Clearly this summer he's been with England so he's not had the same preparation as last year. Once he get his match sharpness I'm sure he'll be fine.

9 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Think last year Ollie spent the summer doing extra 1-to-1 striker training and it really showed in his touch and assured finishing. Clearly this summer he's been with England so he's not had the same preparation as last year. Once he get his match sharpness I'm sure he'll be fine.

But he’s been coached by Mr Southgate on how to play in tournaments, we and he should be so grateful!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Tbf it wasn't just his miss on Saturday, his touch and passing was really poor. Was against West Ham as well, Rogers put him through one-on-one with a quickly taken free-kick but he took a poor touch and made the chance a lot harder for himself.

So just to be clear, you don't rate Ollie Watkins? Do you think there are better strikers out there we could sign for less than £80m? 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

So just to be clear, you don't rate Ollie Watkins? Do you think there are better strikers out there we could sign for less than £80m? 

When did I say that? I said he's been very poor in these first two games.

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

When did I say that? I said he's been very poor in these first two games.

He was hot and cold sometimes last season too, still got 19 league goals to get us in the CL. I'm really not worried about his form, we've seen with Smith first and last term with Emery that in a team that makes him chances (like the ones he's missed in the first two games) then he gets a load of goals.

He's absolute class.

Hasn’t scored in 8 PL games. Cost us the Arsenal game. His understudy has won us two games. Needs to be dropped or what’s the point of having competition 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â