Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Posted (edited)

Hullo, Ollie. Euros and hols --- they actually ended. Yeah. I know. It's crazy. Gareth guy is gone. Yup. I know!!!! Come home now. Need you back at this point.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iyxbr31wcwar4ledc9

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

Hullo, Ollie. Euros and hols --- they actually ended. Yeah. I know. It's crazy. Come home now. Need you back at this point.

And all 59 minutes that he played.

• Haha 1

It will click. He’s just come off an injury and the Euros. Cut him some slack. Finishing was poor but he’s going to get us many points this year so it will even out. 

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Hullo, Ollie. Euros and hols --- they actually ended. Yeah. I know. It's crazy. Gareth guy is gone. Yup. I know!!!! Come home now. Need you back at this point.

Basically. 

Watkins is a fantastic player for us but that game today was one of the worst centre forward performances I’ve seen for villa unfortunately! His all round play was poor and he missed 2 open goals - he had an absolute shocker. He will come good before long, I have no doubt about that, but Unai should seriously consider putting Duran in until Watkins gets himself out of this funk. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Watkins is a fantastic player for us but that game today was one of the worst centre forward performances I’ve seen for villa unfortunately! His all round play was poor and he missed 2 open goals - he had an absolute shocker. He will come good before long, I have no doubt about that, but Unai should seriously consider putting Duran in until Watkins gets himself out of this funk. 

I feel like dropping him is the worst thing you can do for Ollie. Are you seriously suggesting we drop the best striker we have had in a generation because of two bad games? He didnt do well when competing with Ings. We know he had no preseason. If anything, the next few are perfect for him to start in, as we should be winning them even Ollie isnt 100% on form.

Edited by VillaTO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaTO said:

I feel like dropping him is the worst thing you can do for Ollie. Are you seriously suggesting we drop the best striker we have had in a generation because of one bad game? He didnt do well when competing with Ings. We know he had no preseason. If anything, the next few are perfect for him to start in, as we should be winning them even Ollie isnt 100% on form.

Two bad games to be fair, was poor against West Ham.

3 minutes ago, VillaTO said:

I feel like dropping him is the worst thing you can do for Ollie. Are you seriously suggesting we drop the best striker we have had in a generation because of one bad game? He didnt do well when competing with Ings. We know he had no preseason. If anything, the next few are perfect for him to start in, as we should be winning them even Ollie isnt 100% on form.

It just seems like he is not ready after he missed all of preseason, it’s not about punishing him for playing badly but if he’s not 100% and we’ve got another guy who is desperate to play and scored previously then it makes sense to consider changing it up. There’s no point having squad options to then refuse to use them. 

25 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

It just seems like he is not ready after he missed all of preseason, it’s not about punishing him for playing badly but if he’s not 100% and we’ve got another guy who is desperate to play and scored previously then it makes sense to consider changing it up. There’s no point having squad options to then refuse to use them. 

Yeah I just feel that Unai's strategy of letting Ollie play 60, then giving Duran 30 to unleash chaos seems like a good one. Gives Ollie time on the pitch but Duran is there is needed. Didnt work today, but worked perfectly against West Ham. Personally I would stick with it.

Edited by VillaTO

His off the ball work was great today. I feel like he's suffering a little from the knee injury and lack of preseason. Going forward just wasn't as sharp as expected. Either way, another day he'd have banged them in but Ollie has more than earned a bad patch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, david-avfc said:

Ollie needs games to get going dropping him will kill his confidence, he’ll star banging them in soon it’s a bit unfair on Duran but there’s no way Ollie picks up form sitting games out on the bench the lack of games is precisely the reason he’s off the pace.

• Like 1

Ollie is vital to how we play and will 100% come good in the next game of two.

Duran isn't ready IMO and is better off coming on as a sub.

Bit of love from the fans and hard work from Ollie (we know he will) and he'll be banging the goals in again.

Ollie's always been a bit streaky with his goals. Once he nets, he'll be fine 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â