Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

Not playing enough football in the summer hasn’t helped him. Yes he missed 2 massive chances today and his touch wasn’t there but he still got into good positions. He will work hard and come back firing! 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

Any other day he scores them.

Just think with him.only being back two weeks we should drip fees him into the starting 11.

Should have started with Duran today...gicmve saliba and Gabriel a tougher time...wear them out...then bring watkins on.

He will get there but think starting is just not for him at the mo

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

Yeah but its a shit opinion. You think he missed those chances because "his head has been turned"? Total nonsense. What exactly has turned his head? He's the focal point of one of the top 4 teams in the league, about to play CL football.

I repeat, utter bollocks.

His head hasn't been turned, if it was we'd have gone 1-0 up. 

He didn’t have to not have a preseason. We’re dressing this up as, ‘oh, it’s fine, he’ll come good’. And yes, he probably will come good, but why didn’t he have a pre season? If injured, fair enough, but I’ve heard no mention of it from the club or manager.

He should have either returned to the club earlier or played a couple of matches. How many minutes did he get at the Euro’s? About the same as Konsa? Konsa has been very good these first two games.

Dunno, just annoying that it’s accepted he didn’t have a pre season. He should have and and it’s either on the club or him that he didn’t. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He didn’t have to not have a preseason. We’re dressing this up as, ‘oh, it’s fine, he’ll come good’. And yes, he probably will come good, but why didn’t he have a pre season? If injured, fair enough, but I’ve heard no mention of it from the club or manager.

He should have either returned to the club earlier or played a couple of matches. How many minutes did he get at the Euro’s? About the same as Konsa? Konsa has been very good these first two games.

Dunno, just annoying that it’s accepted he didn’t have a pre season. He should have and and it’s either on the club or him that he didn’t. 

Yeah, I don’t get this either and nobody seems to have asked the question of the club. Not so much the time off but why he didn’t return when Martinez and Konsa did. I think he must have been injured.

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

TBF he did pick up an injury on England duty.

He'll get there, he's a big boy. Nothing to dwell on despite having a stinker. 

Would be nice if he could sit out the international break thou.

Ollie will be fine, but being part of the England squad in the summer has clearly affected him. He will sharpen up and improve.

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Definitely. Konsa had a start didn't he? So probably played more minutes.

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Probably a mix of the club and player. Emery said that every player got 2 weeks off after their last international game to be fair to everyone. Ollie also got engaged so might be why he didn't want to come back earlier. It's also unfortunate Watkins didn't get much game time over the summer as this is a major reason for him being rusty.

One of the worst performances I can remember from him today. It wasn't just the misses, his all round play was absolutely shocking. Lack of a pre-season has clearly done for his form so far, I think I'd probably start Duran against Leicester then bring Ollie on later.

Some insane reactions in this thread. He’s missed a couple of good chances, fine. Bit rusty, sure.

Move on, back him, he’s awesome. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Risso said:

One of the worst performances I can remember from him today. It wasn't just the misses, his all round play was absolutely shocking. Lack of a pre-season has clearly done for his form so far, I think I'd probably start Duran against Leicester then bring Ollie on later.

This is standard Ollie unfortunately. Need to keep playing him. Dropping him for Duran will be the worst thing we can do, he needs game time.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â