Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

14 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Anybody actually seen Ollie's knees? Not that I'm starting any conspiracy theories or anything of course ... 🙃

I'm more wondering why Rogers, Moreno and Ramsey are wearing long sleeve base layers. It was roasting hot yesterday afternoon when the sun was out. 

Just now, MrBlack said:

I'm more wondering why Rogers, Moreno and Ramsey are wearing long sleeve base layers. It was roasting hot yesterday afternoon when the sun was out. 

In theory they help cool you down but I wouldn't be confident they actually do. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

In theory they help cool you down but I wouldn't be confident they actually do. 

Maybe if they weren't black? Seems questionable.

19 minutes ago, calcifer said:

I didn't say that? I said IF they wasn't. I think its pretty outstanding from Ollie to score 19 goals and no penalties, add in his assists and he was the complete forward last season.

But players like Palmer & Haaland will always score more goals as their teams get a penalty every couple of games, where other teams get denied stone wall penalties. 

i think we got our fair share of pens, id like to see Ollie take them and improve. 

I think he had an exceptional season, it will continue to be hard for him to hit 20 goals though if he doesnt improve his penalty taking and step up again.

22 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Hmmmm.... The conspiracy rages on

2 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

i think we got our fair share of pens, id like to see Ollie take them and improve. 

I think he had an exceptional season, it will continue to be hard for him to hit 20 goals though if he doesnt improve his penalty taking and step up again.

Problem is you could practice hitting penalties all summer and hit 100 in, but on the day take the run up slip and hit it into row Z.

This is where I am with Ollie, the penalty he hit in Europa, he slipped and luckily it hit the net. 

He wouldn't be my 1st choice if I needed a goal from a penalty. 

His other attributes are outstanding, 19 assists is amazing. His one on one has improved massively. 1st touch is miles better than it was.

Just now, calcifer said:

Problem is you could practice hitting penalties all summer and hit 100 in, but on the day take the run up slip and hit it into row Z.

This is where I am with Ollie, the penalty he hit in Europa, he slipped and luckily it hit the net. 

He wouldn't be my 1st choice if I needed a goal from a penalty. 

His other attributes are outstanding, 19 assists is amazing. His one on one has improved massively. 1st touch is miles better than it was.

I know, its really not easy. I think we all understand why he doesnt take penatlies, i just wish he could find ways to improve. 

2 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I know, its really not easy. I think we all understand why he doesnt take penatlies, i just wish he could find ways to improve. 

I agree, it's down to composure and mentality. 

Penalties is something I don't think you can improve by practical alone. 

On 13/08/2024 at 20:06, Lichfield Dean said:

Then I guess my fear that he'd had them removed was unfounded.

Honestly, it's getting to the stage where you have to start doubting twitter rumours.  What's the world coming to? 

• Haha 2

He still posed a threat at times despite not being match sharp yet. It won’t take him long to get up to speed, I fancy him to score against Arsenal tbh, he does like doing that. Great that we could still get a result without him at his best. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â